• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BULLS Pro Day !

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

found this interesting...

Mike Williams is slated to work out for NFL personnel on April 8 on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa.

I believe he was originally supposed to work out at USC on 3/24. Maybe they wouldn't let him, or he wasn't ready. I bet the Bucs send a rep down to watch him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

...back to our Beloved BULLS !!!

Scouts Get Reed On Bulls

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com  

Published: Mar 20, 2004

TAMPA - A few weeks ago, South Florida free safety J.R. Reed was asked why he wasn't invited to the NFL Combine.

``I guess I'm not good enough,'' Reed said sarcastically.  

That's not entirely true. But after the combine snub, Reed was the main attraction at Friday's USF Pro Testing Day.  

``A few scouts knew about me,'' Reed said. ``And a few said they didn't want others to know about me.''  

That's likely to change. Long after USF's other nine seniors - RBs Vince Brewer, Quinton Callum and DeJuan Green; LBs Courtney Davenport and Maurice Jones; WRs Elgin Hicks, Chris Iskra and Huey Whittaker; and CB Ron Hemingway - and three former Bulls - OL Ken Dawson, DT Greg Walls and LB Anthony Williams - completed their strength, speed and agility tests, scouts had Reed do several more drills.  

``Going into it I was a little nervous,'' Reed said. ``But it's like a game. After the first hit, your nerves go away. The scouts said they liked my range, how I can go from sideline to sideline and also return kickoffs and punts.''  

USF strength coach Ronnie McKeefrey said representatives from the Bucs, Philadelphia, Jacksonville and Green Bay came specifically to see Reed. In all, 20 NFL teams were represented.  

``They were pretty high on J.R. He's a dual player, and they like his versatility,'' McKeefrey said. ``They said what he lacks in straight-away speed, he makes up in lateral speed. You can't teach the way he moves.''  

Although Reed is USF's career leader in interceptions and led the nation in kickoff returns last year, Jones and Whittaker were the only Bulls invited to the NFL Combine.  

``When guys don't get invited the first thing you wonder is, `Why?' '' Green Bay director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie said. `` `Is there some holes?' [Reed] is tall enough, he's big enough. I wish he ran faster [4.54 40], but he has good quickness, ball skills and good hands.''  

Jonathan Kline, Reed's agent, said Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta and St. Louis already have scheduled Reed to fly up for individual interviews.  

``Teams like how he finds the ball, his knack for getting to the ball,'' said Kline, who projects Reed to be a third- to sixth-round pick. ``Also, how his body responds to change of direction, his hip movements - he can change on a dime.''

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

JR! JR!

any reason why he did not get an invite to the combine?

JR! JR!

any reason why he did not get an invite to the combine?

::)

I can't figure this on out either.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Smaller divisional school.  What a bunch of bs.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

no one knows the results from the pro day yet?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

E.T...This site updates all the workouts at Pro days. It has some listed from today, but not USF as yet.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

That site now added USF, but only lists results for Reed:

The workout was done outdoors on grass.  

Player Position Gil's comments

J.R. Reed S Reed (5-10½, 201) ran his 40s in 4.59 and 4.56 the the 10-yard sprint in 1.58. He had a 36½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-9 long jump, 20 strength lifts, ran 4.12 in the short shuttle, 11.37 in the long shuttle and 6.70 in the three-cone drill.  

I'm still SHOCKED by the 40 time  ???

Thought he was legit 4.4 guy ... either way ... he's got legit football speed.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

times were run in grass as compared ot other times being run on a track, that would make a difference in the times, possibly as much as a tenth of a second so theres your difference