• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why arent we USF fans acknowledging this rivalry?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

1st off, I AM A BULLS FAN, but i've read too many posts on this message board from my fellow USF bulls that this "isnt" a rivalry and that it shouldnt be treated as one.. WHO CARES if this is the 1st time these two programs are meeting.. UCF and USF have been academic and geographic rivals for quite sometime.. not to mention the fact that Tampa and Orlando have been rivals ever since Orlando has grown to the size it is today (i remember how small orlando used to be, now the city sizes are comparable)..

the USF fans who come on here and talk about how this is "just another game" make me mad because its more than just another game... theres gonna be a lot of familiarity on that field, because most of the recruits have played with each other/against each other in high school and both programs recruit from the same areas.. stop all this nonsense about how we gotta just finish these next 2 years and never see UCF again, because i think that BUILDING an annual match between these two programs will spark interests in both markets and give fans something to look forward to, out of conference.

I'm from cali originally and i know how big "The Game" (cal-stanford) and the "Battle for the Victory Bell" (USC-UCLA) are, and i used to live in atlanta and remember how big "Clean, Old Fashioned Hate" (UGA-GaTech) is.. these rivalries are natural from a geographical standpoint, and were lopsided bigtime, but they only enhanced these programs and brought forth MORE SCHOOL SPIRIT.. it makes me sick that USF fans arent embracing this match up. outside of winning (obviously), rivalries are what make college football fun, and i think there needs to be more of an effort in promoting this matchup

what most people are overlooking is that this is a natural rivalry that transcends football.. USF and UCF are so similar as institutions (large public universities, located in cities of similar sizes, that are relatively the same age), one doesnt even have to look at football to conclude that the 2 compete with one another.. whether its an athletic recruit or an 18 year old senior in central florida trying to decide what college to go to-- there's gonna be the question "USF or UCF?".. i love the crosstown feel to this rivalry, and growing up in los angeles, i know how much tension the victory bell brought forth-- the week leading up to the game, USC and UCLA flags on houses that were LITERALLY neighboring each other.. intense in the sense that you cant escape each other... much of that is the same in central florida, with so many USF and UCF alumni pervading the area.. yet USF fans want to deny this weekend to ever exist after these next couple of guaranteed years? foolish.

the same apathy towards doing away with any sort of annual matchup with UCF could be whats holding back USFs fan base from filling those stands.  USF football isnt as "fun" as it could be maybe because fans arent making it "fun" (i.e.-denying the program reasons to get excited, such as an annual meeting with UCF).  with that being said, i look forward to seeing many more USF-UCF matchups in my life time and all you opposed to seeing these two meet again and again should keep your mouths shut and enjoy the slugfest.. go bulls

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69

We USF fans have far superior competition to look forward to than ucf.  Why should I be pumped about an 0 and 16 team coming to town?  The fact is there is no legitimate reason to take your team or your post seriously.  ucf football sucks, I for one don't want a great University like USF to be associated with ucf in that way (rivalry).  

I do however understand that this is by far the biggest game on your teams schedule, so I do understand why it is you get so excited.  USF football has a way of making people excited.  

As for a natural rivalry because of our similarities in size, age, etc. that's nonsense.  That is your desperation talking.  You can't connect with us athletically so you try regional similarities.  How pathetic.  

The fact is, there is a big four in this State and ucf is not included.  Emotionally, I'm sure that hurts.  However, the sooner you gentlemen deal with it, the sooner you can focus on finding your own identity.

This is of course just on man's HumbleBull opinion!  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  26

i've read too many posts on this message board from my fellow USF bulls that this "isnt" a rivalry and that it shouldnt be treated as one.. WHO CARES if this is the 1st time these two programs are meeting.. UCF and USF have been academic and geographic rivals for quite sometime.. not to mention the fact that Tampa and Orlando have been rivals ever since Orlando has grown to the size it is today (i remember how small orlando used to be, now the city sizes are comparable)..

the USF fans who come on here and talk about how this is "just another game" make me mad because its more than just another game... theres gonna be a lot of familiarity on that field, because most of the recruits have played with each other/against each other in high school and both programs recruit from the same areas.. stop all this nonsense about how we gotta just finish these next 2 years and never see UCF again, because i think that BUILDING an annual match between these two programs will spark interests in both markets and give fans something to look forward to, out of conference.

I'm from cali originally and i know how big "The Game" (cal-stanford) and the "Battle for the Victory Bell" (USC-UCLA) are, and i used to live in atlanta and remember how big "Clean, Old Fashioned Hate" (UGA-GaTech) is.. these rivalries are natural from a geographical standpoint, and were lopsided bigtime, but they only enhanced these programs and brought forth MORE SCHOOL SPIRIT.. it makes me sick that USF fans arent embracing this match up. outside of winning (obviously), rivalries are what make college football fun, and i think there needs to be more of an effort in promoting this matchup

the same apathy towards doing away with any sort of annual matchup with UCF could be whats holding back USFs fan base from filling those stands.  USF football isnt as "fun" as it could be maybe because fans arent making it "fun" (i.e.-denying the program reasons to get excited, such as an annual meeting with UCF)  with that being said, i look forward to seeing many more USF-UCF matchups in my life time.. go bulls

You my friend, seem to know the potential of this game. But a lot of your fellow USFer's need to get those bull horns out of their ***'s.

We USF fans have far superior competition to look forward to than ucf.  Why should I be pumped about an 0 and 17 team coming to town?  The fact is there is no legitimate reason to take your team or your post seriously.  ucf football sucks, I for one don't want a great University like USF to be associated with ucf in that way (rivalry).  

I do however understand that this is by far the biggest game on your teams schedule, so I do understand why it is you get so excited.  USF football has a way of making people excited.  This of course is just on man's HumbleBull opinion!  

He's one of yall smart guy.

I do however understand that this is by far the biggest game on your teams schedule, so I do understand why it is you get so excited.  USF football has a way of making people excited.  This of course is just on man's HumbleBull opinion!  

biggest game on MY TEAM'S SCHEDULE?!? i'm a bulls fan, but obviously you didnt take the time to analyze the post.. honestly, i dont care if they are 0-17.. yes, they suck, but so does FAMU.. if you were to ignorant to read the post, the basis of my argument was that the rivalry between UCF and USF transcends football.. therefore, its a natural rivalry on its own, and football only adds an exclamation point... i mean, we needs out of conference games, UCF should be one of them.. its great for the program, and great for the area as well

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

It's simple - the word has more than one meaning.  This game/series/relationship falls into some definitions and not into others.

GOL agreed that it would make a great rivalry, but that it wasn't necessarily one yet and mentioned that even GT and UGA didn't meet his definition of a rivalry when the series wasn't competitive.

You're an idiot

It's simple - the word has more than one meaning.  This game/series/relationship falls into some definitions and not into others.

GOL agreed that it would make a great rivalry, but that it wasn't necessarily one yet and mentioned that even GT and UGA didn't meet his definition of a rivalry when the series wasn't competitive.

well, whatever.. i dont care if they dont call it a "rivlary" or not.. i just want to play UCF on an annual basis.. even if it means we'll kick your heads in for the next 10 years or so, its still good for both schools to have, something to look forward to

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Well, Coach Leavitt acknowledged that UCF could be a natural rival, so let's wait and see what happens after we have played them a couple times.

We USF fans have far superior competition to look forward to than ucf.  Why should I be pumped about an 0 and 16 team coming to town?  The fact is there is no legitimate reason to take your team or your post seriously.  ucf football sucks, I for one don't want a great University like USF to be associated with ucf in that way (rivalry).  

I do however understand that this is by far the biggest game on your teams schedule, so I do understand why it is you get so excited.  USF football has a way of making people excited.  

As for a natural rivalry because of our similarities in size, age, etc. that's nonsense.  That is your desperation talking.  You can't connect with us athletically so you try regional similarities.  How pathetic.  

The fact is, there is a big four in this State and ucf is not included.  Emotionally, I'm sure that hurts.  However, the sooner you gentlemen deal with it, the sooner you can focus on finding your own identity.

This is of course just on man's HumbleBull opinion!  

why are you addressing this as "YOU" and "YOU GUYS".. i'm a bulls fan, why cant you stop and freaking read the post..

I AM A USF BULLS FAN