• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the UCF/USF game matters

Guest kevindawg615

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

well since i was referring to the idiot who posted before you who tried to get cute and come up with something derogatory using BCS and couldnt even spell straight.....  

but facts, what facts... you're speculating

the only fact is that we have played Louisville twice so far and beat them once, so i would say we are competitive with them

we are not UCF and we are not following the same path UCF took to get to where they are so there is not a comparison

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Even if we don't make it to a bowl game kids coming here get much more exposure playing Louisville, Miami, WVU, Syracuse, and Rutgers year in and year out rather than Rice, Tulsa, SMU, insert other sub-par mid-major C-USA school here.

Funny how Miami shows up on your schedule ONCE and ours THREE TIMES!

You are BCS allright.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

UCF needs to focus on winning ONE game right now, USF is light years beyond UCF in becoming competitive with the Big Three

Yeah and your blowout loss to a terrible PSU team was all the evidence anyone needed, huh?

::)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Blowout loss to PSU?  Wow that's some STRONG kool aid you're drinking Mav.. You might want to aly off for a while before you end up in kool aid anonymous.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Big   Cock    Strait down your throat.  That's the only  BCS you will ever make it to.  You silly fags over there in tampa are crazy.  Looking forward to a great game.  Also have fun getting crushed during b-ball season.

There's one of those classy UCF fans that the folks up in State College told me about...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  26

kids coming here get much more exposure playing Louisville, Miami, WVU, Syracuse, and Rutgers year in and year out

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Miami left the Big East for the ACC. Likewise, they didn't sign a "year in and year out contract".

Congrats on the one fer one though. Just wondering, but does your admin have UM connections, cuz that really is a sweet deal for you?

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Playing Louisville, Miami, WVU, Syracuse, and Rutgers year in and year out only helps your recruiting if you can compete with those teams.  If you can't, then playing those teams will hurt your recruiting BIG TIME.  Just like when UCF used to overschedule like crazy.. thats the reason you passed us by and got to the BCS before us.  We used to be able to tell our recruits "look at the cailber of our schedule" but what do you say to them the following year if all those teams beat the crap out of you. We would overschedule our nonconference games and start the season 0-3, that means just to go .500 you can only lose three conference games.  O'leary doesn't overschedule and isn't interested in the "money games" that we used to play.  It definitely hurt our recruitng because it hurt our record.  You guys are forced to play those games now and if you aren't able to compete (which you might be able to, i dont know, it remains to be seen) it will hurt you.  

hey kevin, i'm a huge USF fan myself and i completely agree with you, but sometimes i get frustrated with the people on this board because they dont realize the cold hard facts... i think what you're saying is absolutely right.. its a blessing that USF is in a BCS conference, and i think USF should use that to their advantage, schedule reasonable out of conference 1A schools in an effort to GET TO THE POST SEASON.. scheduling the penn state's, Miami's , etc is great PR for the school, but in my opinion, WE'RE ALREADY THERE... we're in a BCS conference, we can compete for a nat'l championship, so why "Pull a Notre Dame" and kill yourself with your schedule.. its not wimping out either, its just being smart.. i'd rest happier knowing that if we didnt win the Big East, we'd at least have a chance at winning our out-of-conference games and get to A BOWL (a lot of people dont realize that we havent been to a bowl yet).. eating losses against miami and penn state wont help in the recruiting department, but winning out of conference games and getting to non-bcs bowl games will.. i completely agree with you, and i dont undertand why my USF brothers wont see the light

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf better not lose to such  an inferior team that is geographically so close hwether ftu/ou/c or fau, fiu

if usf blows out ftu/ou/oc that might be the end of them in 1a