• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Corridor Cup??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Well, it certainly seemed he didn't care at all.

At least Leavitt has some sense!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

If UCF is begging for a rival, they should try to hook up with FAU or FIU. Or if they can't decide they should split squad and have a double header.

But seriously UL will care about us when they come to town this year. Pat had better numbers at Penn State then Brohm had at UK. We are 1-1 with them and one of us will always stand in the way of the other when it comes to making our goals.

UF v FSU is a great rival. But UCF v USF is forcing a watered down version of that game. I am just not hyped up about that game. And I will always let CJL, Veit, Genshaft, and Doug E Fresh know that it is not important to me to have UCF on the schedule every year.

The bottom line is:

If USF fans want this game they will have pony and show support of this game.(Donate to the Bulls Club and be verbal)

I know I tell them that I could care less about scheduling UCF and would rather go after other schools.

Not saying we are better than UCF. I would just rather play other schools. ie: UNC, TCU, San Diego State etc...

But the fans and money will decide. Money has made the decisions at USF since day 1. They don't care about the warm fuzzies about playing a team because its seems right. They want to know what the University can get out of it.

Guest S.  Bien
I think the problem some of you may have is in realizing the fact you are BCS in name only!  And I have mentioned many times that I wish UCF was.  That is not me trash talking, that is REALITY.

In five years that may change.  Fact of the matter is you have FAR LESS tradition (winning or otherwise) than MANY non-BCS teams.  Whenever Bien puts that stuff out it makes me laugh ot loud (or LOL!).  I can't imagine anyone from USF telling UCF that they want a 2 for 1 because they are BCS and keeping a straight face.  It is ludicrous.

As far as the rivalry game is concerned, all I can say is you need to have one.  STK is right in the sense that you do not have a normal draw every year on your schedule.  Not now anyways.  Again, after 5 years some of this will change.  Until then you can demand no more than the Duke's and the Baylor's of the world.

I know you guys don't like it but it is the reality of the situation.

Uh no, the REALITY Is we're BCS, if it was name only then it means we couldn't go to a BCS game if we win the conference.  

If we win the conference we go straight to a BCS game, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Because we're in a conference with a stronger SOS, and stronger Conference ranking, smaller teams will look to play us for the name recognition, and to help boost their SOS.

Sorry, but REALITY means what's tangible, actual and we are ACTUALLY in a BCS conference.  Sorry nobody notified you.

Oh Mav, in case you missed it, UCF moved into C-DO/oops/USA, and, no, they are not BCS in case you were wondering, AND THAT IS A FACT JACK.  But reality is, your team is playing a BCS program on 9/17 which should help your SOS, even if you lose.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Uh no, the REALITY Is we're BCS, if it was name only then it means we couldn't go to a BCS game if we win the conference.  

If we win the conference we go straight to a BCS game, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Because we're in a conference with a stronger SOS, and stronger Conference ranking, smaller teams will look to play us for the name recognition, and to help boost their SOS.

Sorry, but REALITY means what's tangible, actual and we are ACTUALLY in a BCS conference.  Sorry nobody notified you.

Oh Mav, in case you missed it, UCF moved into C-DO/oops/USA, and, no, they are not BCS in case you were wondering, AND THAT IS A FACT JACK.  But reality is, your team is playing a BCS program on 9/17 which should help your SOS, even if you lose.

For someone who professes to know so much about college football, your post is mind boggling.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME, you garner NO respect as a BCS program from ANY other BCS school outside your own conference?  Do you understand that?  Do you really think PSU was looking across the line of scrimmage and worrying about what they are seeing?  No.

Again, this is not a crack on USF.  Yes, you are BCS.  I never denied it.  But to assume you automatically garner the respect of the likes of GT, Wake Forest, OK St. and other MID-BCS programs is utterly ridiculous.

Do something and then you may get the respect.  Until then, your just a program that wasn't BCS three months ago.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Your absolute best bet is to have some sort of rivalry with a conference opponent.  If you guys don't want a rivaly game at all, then I don't really know what to sa. tat i absolutely shocking to me.

Over the past few years, the best games have been against sorryass Marshall.  That is our rivalry rght now and unfortunately it took a step backwards last year thanks mostly to us.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Reality is that a rivalry isn't going to occur just because a handful of fans on each side want it to happen.  Rivalries occur over time, and we have never played a game of football.  One game won't do it, neither will two.  If a rivalry occurs, then let it happen.  All this jockeying to try and create one is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Your absolute best bet is to have some sort of rivalry with a conference opponent.

Then why are you such a big proponent of this supposed rivalry?  Sounds rather hypocritical to me...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

ARK v. Texas

Neb. v. OK

Nebraska, only Div 1 program in state, OK is natural geographical rival.

Minnesota v. Wis.

Not a big rival

Miami v. FSU

Proved my point, geography

Kansas v. Missouri

Two flagship state universities, once again geographical rival

Air Force v. Army

You're kidding, right?

Air Force v. Navy

You're kidding right?

Army v. Navy

You're kidding, right?

USC v. ND

I said outside of ND

Syracuse v. WVU

WVU has a bigger rival in Pitt.

UF v. UT

Not even close to the rival as UGA or FSU.

You see Bien, outside of the military schools, every real rival you said is a state to state rival.  Who is USF's going to be?  Sure conference games can get heated, but the only time they are is if the two teams are good. A real rivalry game is when it does not matter how good the teams are.  Just look at BCC and FAMU.  Both teams could suck, and they would still have    50,000 people there.  The only reason UT and UF are considered a rivalry at all is because the winner usually goes to the SEC championship game.  Also, they were the only two good teams in the SEC east for a long time.  USF will not have any of that, the Big East is not set up that way.  As much as you hate to admit it, USF has one chance for a real rivalry game.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

For someone who professes to know so much about college football, your post is mind boggling.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME, you garner NO respect as a BCS program from ANY other BCS school outside your own conference?  Do you understand that?  Do you really think PSU was looking across the line of scrimmage and worrying about what they are seeing?  No.

Again, this is not a crack on USF.  Yes, you are BCS.  I never denied it.  But to assume you automatically garner the respect of the likes of GT, Wake Forest, OK St. and other MID-BCS programs is utterly ridiculous.

Do something and then you may get the respect.  Until then, your just a program that wasn't BCS three months ago.

actually I agree with you. We are BCS because of potential not for what we are YET. Of course this is exactly the reaason I don't think a so called rivalry with UCF makes sense, how the hell do we propell ourselves foreward and achieve our potential by encouraging a rivalry with another school struggling for the same respect. In other words as you say we garner no respect....also you garner no respect so I fail to see how two schools perceived as second class will benefit by creating a rivalry that nobody would respect. So one of us beats the other big deal, aside from some big 3 toss away recruits nobody would give a crap due to those very perceptions.

Your absolute best bet is to have some sort of rivalry with a conference opponent.  If you guys don't want a rivaly game at all, then I don't really know what to sa. tat i absolutely shocking to me.

again I agree with you, if you see my comment about preferring no rivalry you should note I was commenting on the opinion that our only hope of having a rivalry would be with UCF and we could never have one with any other school. So if THAT was the case and we have no chance of ever having a conference rival then to heck with it....of course I find that to be absurd hense my reply really is just being facetious

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Your absolute best bet is to have some sort of rivalry with a conference opponent.

And if that turns out to be UCF down the line that would be perfect ....

If you guys don't want a rivaly game at all, then I don't really know what to sa. tat i absolutely shocking to me.

WTF??   :o