• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just Heard USF B-Ball lost another player

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

"Big Dog" just announced that a USF player is going pro, don't know which one, since the "Big Dog" could not pronouce his name.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

TAMPA, Fla. (Tuesday, September 6) – Junior guard Marius Prekevicius (Garzdai, Lithuania) will not return to the USF men’s basketball program after deciding to pursue a career in the European professional ranks.

Prekevicius averaged 5.7 points and 1.1 rebounds in 26 appearances last season with the Bulls and was one of five returning letterwinners from last year’s 14-16 squad.

“We thank Marius for his contributions to the program and wish him the best of luck in the future,†head coach Robert McCullum said.

Prekevicius gained international attention this summer as a member of the Lithuanian National Team at the FIBA U21 World Championship in Argentina. The Lithuanian squad captured the tournament’s title, downing Greece in the gold medal contest.

The departure of Prekevicius leaves USF with 13 total student-athletes on the 2005-06 roster. A pair of players, Bradley Mosley (health concerns) and Aris Williams (transfer) will not see competitive action.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1730&s=Basketball

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Good luck to MP3...

I don't think he would have been starting this season for us, but he would have added to the depth on the bench.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

"Big Dog" just announced that a USF player is going pro, don't know which one, since the "Big Dog" could not pronouce his name.

I just caught the tail end of his rant about how ludicrous it was somebody going pro after just 5 points and 1 rebound a game. Figured it was Prek ........ "Big Dodo" also said even HE could average that. What a buffoon.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The departure of Prekevicius leaves USF with 13 total student-athletes on the 2005-06 roster. A pair of players, Bradley Mosley (health concerns) and Aris Williams (transfer) will not see competitive action.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/News.asp?i=1730&s=Basketball

11 dressed out, hopefully, per game? I guess Bradley is definitely out for season .......

haven't heard, but just the context of that article has a good sound to it.  It sounds almost like it was questionable that he would return, but has decided against it.  I hope that is the case, and all is going as well as possible for him.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I just caught the tail end of his rant about how ludicrous it was somebody going pro after just 5 points and 1 rebound a game.

It does seem pretty ridiculous for Prek to be going pro, at least from the perspective of NCAA basketball. I'm sure Prek was able to raise his profile over the summer when he played for his national team.

Looking at it from Prek's standpoint, would he rather A) play for a team on his side of the ocean, make lots of money and probably get a lot more playing time, or B) come off the bench for an also-ran who won't get a lot of wins. Even a nice guy like McCullum is going to have a difficult time cracking that nut. You can't tell some player "we're in the best college hoops conference in the United States" when somebody's dangling six figures (more than likely) and a chance to move on with your life.

Not only that... prek fits the euro style of play better than he does the style over here.  He has proved that by playing well in the euro juniors.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i heard he was MVP of the under 21 league and was offered 6 figures to play over in Europe, hell if i was offered 6 figures to play, i would