• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How can this be good for recruiting?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

its one thing to schedule yourself against top opponents (like penn state, miami), but is it all for not in terms of recruiting if we're gonna get slaughtered on our schedule (like whats going on now)?

sure, USF plays top opponents, but if USF has a losing record, wouldnt that be counterproductive?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

the first qtr isnt even over yet and penn st had a fluke TD scored.  give it a break.  geez.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

the first qtr isnt even over yet and penn st had a fluke TD scored.  give it a break.  geez.

have you seen the scoreboard? c'mon man, be a realist for once.. and answer the question.. how can this be good at all, i think they shouldve scheduled a cupcake (not 1AA schools, but crapy 1A schools to remain bowl eligible) schedule to ease themselves into the big east.. that way, they've got a chance and getting a winning record, getting a nonbcs bowl bid, and growing from there

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

maybe because we CAN play with this team we are just making key mistakes that penn st is taking full advantage of.  with 2 turnovers inside the redzone we might not even be beating a 1-AA school

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

have you seen the scoreboard? c'mon man, be a realist for once.. and answer the question.. how can this be good at all, i think they shouldve scheduled a cupcake (not 1AA schools, but crapy 1A schools to remain bowl eligible) schedule to ease themselves into the big east.. that way, they've got a chance and getting a winning record, getting a nonbcs bowl bid, and growing from there

look towards who we play next...... ::) ::)

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

You have to bUllieve.  30 minutes left anyones game

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

First, this game was scheduled years ago.  If we were still in C-USA, we would need at least one name program on the schedule to sell recruits, balance our budget and get the possibility of media exposure from an upset.  

Second, if a I-AA team meets minimum scholarship requirements (65 full, I believe) then they can count towards bowl eligibility.  There is also a stipulation that you can only use a I-AA win once every three or four years.  If we win 5 I-A games and beat FAMU, then we will be bowl eligible again.

Finally, there is a philosophy, which Florida State used to gain national prominence- play anyone, anywhere, anytime.  Fresno State has used the same philosophy to make a name for themselves.  UCF tried the same thing, but with different results.  

I would be very surprised and disappointed if USF ever signs a "money game" ever again.  We are in the process of transitioning from a mid-major to a BCS program and we play an uneven conference schedule.  Our new AD has done a great job with football scheduling so far.  He has signed Miami for a probable 1-1 and North Carolina for a definite 1-1.  He also signed a I-A team (FIU) for a 2-1 in our favor.  Our scheduling is going to be awkward the next few years, but we have to make the most of our situation and we are doing exactly that.

8)

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

cee what are you on man  play cupcakes yeah ok

alot of recruits will come just to play against top competition and great venus like happy valley