• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DWUConn... hate to burst your bubble...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Regardless they went to a bowl and we haven't.  Call it timing, call it luck but that's the bottom line and until we go to one thhey have it over us.  We could have capitalized in 2003 our first year in CUSA and WE didn't win the games we needed to.

North Texas has been to several bowls, yet we beat them every time we played them.  Troy State went to a bowl last year.  I don't think that's the alpha and omega of a team's net worth.  Had the bowls been in the same position in 2002 that they were last year we would definitely have gone bowling.  

UConn was only admitted into the Big East last year because Virginia Tech and Miami left and they needed another member immediately.  Absent that, they undoubtedly would not have gone bowling.  I truly believe that they are in for a big fall this year, and I expect us to be able to take care of business up there.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Correction, we didn't schedule the teams we needed to.  If one of the two D1AA schools had enuff schollies, USF is in a CUSA bowl.

And if we would have just beaten the D1A teams we played this wouldn't have even been an issue.

Heck, one could state that at least Uconn's program knew enough to schedule the right school to qualify.  What does THAT say about our program?  

Talking smack to ucf is one thing but how are we going to say we're better than a school that has had a 1A football team for as long as we have and has been to a bowl?  Will we be better in the future?  Without a doubt.  However right now we're coming off of an embarrasing season and have ALOT to prove to ALOT of people beforee we go smacking anybody.

North Texas has been to several bowls, yet we beat them every time we played them.  Troy State went to a bowl last year.  I don't think that's the alpha and omega of a team's net worth.  Had the bowls been in the same position in 2002 that they were last year we would definitely have gone bowling.  

UConn was only admitted into the Big East last year because Virginia Tech and Miami left and they needed another member immediately.  Absent that, they undoubtedly would not have gone bowling.  I truly believe that they are in for a big fall this year, and I expect us to be able to take care of business up there.  

USFFan

Amen!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

They got lucky to be in BE when their QB and others were in their senior year otherwise as an indy they would have suffered same fate as us. The fact is that USF would have made a bowl in Blackwell's sr year had we been in BE or CUSA.

They are not going to be as successful as they were last year, just like we werent after Blakwell.

Accurate

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

USFFan

You're going to compare a school from the MWC or whatever conference N.Texas is from with a school going to a bowl from a BCS conference with a BCS conference schedule?  Aopparently you don't think much of our new conference if you think the level of competition is equal.