• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andre Hall named to 2005 Walter Camp POY list

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't seen this reported yet on the USF Official site or in the local newspapers. I found it on the BGSU site:

Aug. 17, 2005

New Haven, Conn. - The Walter Camp Football Foundation has announced the names of 40 "players to watch" for its prestigious Player of the Year award, the nation's fourth-oldest individual college football accolade.

The watch list will be narrowed to ten semi-finalists in early November. The 2005 Walter Camp Player of the Year recipient, which is voted on by the 119 Division I-A head coaches and sports information directors, will be announced on the ESPN/Home Depot College Football Awards Show in December. The winner will then receive his trophy at the Foundation's annual national awards banquet on February 11, 2006 at the Yale University Commons in New Haven.

Last year's recipient was USC quarterback Matt Leinart who led the Trojans to their second consecutive national title. Leinart has returned for his senior year and is once again on the Walter Camp "Watch List."

Walter Camp, "The Father of American football," first selected an All-America team in 1889. Camp - a former Yale University athlete and football coach - is also credited with developing play from scrimmage, set plays, the numerical assessment of goals and tries and the restriction of play to eleven men per side. The Walter Camp Football Foundation - a New Haven-based all-volunteer group - was founded in 1967 to perpetuate the ideals of Camp and to continue the tradition of selecting annually an All-America team.

2005 Walter Camp Player of the Year "Watch List"

Reggie Bush, RB/KR, Junior, USC

Steve Breaston, UTY, Junior, Michigan

Ahmad Brooks, LB, Senior, Virginia

Ashlan Davis, WR/KR, Senior, Tulsa

Bruce Gradkowski, QB, Senior, Toledo

Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Sophomore, Ohio State

Charles Gordon, DB, Junior, Kansas

Chad Greenway, LB, Senior, Iowa

Andre Hall, RB, Senior, South Florida

Michael Hart, RB, Sophomore, Michigan

Mike Hass, WR, Senior, Oregon State

A.J. Hawk, LB, Senior, Ohio State

Devin Hester, DB/KR, Junior, Miami (Fla.)

Spencer Havner, LB, Senior, UCLA

Santonio Holmes, WR, Junior, Ohio State

Omar Jacobs, QB, Junior, Bowling Green

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Senior, Boston College

Chris Leak, QB, Junior, Florida

Greg Lee, WR, Junior, Pittsburgh

Matt Leinart, QB, Senior, USC

Marcedes Lewis, TE, Senior, UCLA

Marshawn Lynch, RB, Sophomore, California

Laurence Maroney, RB, Junior, Minnesota

Reggie McNeal, QB, Senior, Texas A&M

DonTrell Moore, RB, Senior, New Mexico

Tyler Palko, QB, Junior, Pittsburgh

Adrian Peterson, RB, Sophomore, Oklahoma

Gerald Riggs, RB, Senior, Tennessee

Brad Smith, QB, Senior, Missouri

Drew Stanton, QB, Senior, Michigan State

Drew Tate, QB, Junior, Iowa

Jamario Thomas, RB, Sophomore, North Texas

Leon Washington, RB, Florida State

LenDale White, RB, Junior, USC

DeAngelo Williams, RB, Senior, Memphis

Jimmy Williams, DB, Senior, Virginia Tech

Mario Williams, DE, Senior, North Carolina State

Garrett Wolfe, RB, Junior, Northern Illinois

Vince Young, QB, Junior, Texas

Jared Zabransky, QB, Junior, Boise State

http://bgsufalcons.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081705aaa.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Congrats !!!

Also suprised by that Howie ... and also, after 50 + views - no congrats.  :-/

Go BULLS !!!

SPT mentioned it this morning:

College football

Four from state on top player list

By Times Staff Writers Times Wires

Published August 19, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - South Florida senior running back Andre Hall is one of 40 players on the watch list for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award.

Hall, who rushed for a school-record 1,357 yards last season, is one of only three Big East players on the list; the others are Pittsburgh quarterback Tyler Palko and his top receiver, Greg Lee.

Three other players from state schools made the list: Florida quarterback Chris Leak, Florida State running back Leon Washington and Miami defensive back Devin Hester. Ten semifinalists will be chosen in November. Leak is the only player from a Florida school on the 33-candidate quarterback list.

USF INJURY UPDATE: Sophomore cornerback Mike Jenkins participated in both of Thursday's practices, but wore what looked to be a cast on his right hand. Coach Jim Leavitt said Jenkins injured a finger. "I don't think it's a real big thing. I'm more worried about Mike because he has a stomach virus," Leavitt said. "I broke my thumb and played when I was a DB."

LINE BATTLES: Junior Thed Watson of Lakewood and redshirt freshman Marc Dile lined up with the first-team offensive line at left and right tackle, respectively. Line coach Greg Frey said both positions are closely contested, with Watson vying with sophomore Jerome Springfield and Dile competing with sophomore Walter Walker.

- GREG AUMAN, Times staff writer and MIKE CAMUNAS, Times correspondent

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/19/Sports/Four_from_state_on_to.shtml

Tampa Trib too:

HALL AMONG BEST: Senior RB Andre Hall is among 40 players on the Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year watch list.

The list will be trimmed to 10 in November. The winner will be named in December. The award is voted on by the 119 Division I-A coaches and sports information directors

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBVMMZXJCE.html