• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF and USF open as big dogs.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

Can PSU score 27 pts even if the defense doesn't show up?

Has PSU ever scored 27 pts vs the 3-team defense in a practice?

Sure PSU's D is good, but they couldn't score pts against anyone over the past few years.

If USF can kill the clock/control the ball some with Hall, just like many other PSU Home Games, this has "under" written all over it.

KL

Didn't they score 37 on you guys last year?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Didn't they score 37 on you guys last year?

I was of course referring to "good teams".  :-X

KL

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

Nice.  ;D

So you are actually saying we are a good team?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43

Goes to show you how far we are behind the big dogs...Penn State and USC isn't very good either.  

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think USC will be all that good, when the Ol'Ball Coach is playing on a level field in regards to talent he is about .500 and South Carolina's talent is not that much better than UCF's.  I expect a much closer game than what the "experts"have concluded.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Spurrier's system will take time to come together for South Carolina.  I think our chances increase cause many of these young guys had a year to work on learning the system.  There has been a lot of good things coming from the coaches from spring practice and summer workouts.

Guest S.  Bien
Spurrier's system will take time to come together for South Carolina.  I think our chances increase cause many of these young guys had a year to work on learning the system.  There has been a lot of good things coming from the coaches from spring practice and summer workouts.

Why will it take time?  It stuck almost instantly when he came to UF.  The game is geared around a good pocket QB, which they have, a solid OL, which they have, and an abundant of solid athletic WR's which they have.  

This isn't like Callahan trying to completely re-tool Nebraska, USC had many of the athletes necessary to run Spurrier's offense.  It may take some time but I'd never under estimate Spurrier's savvy on the college level.  Oh how soon most forget that Spurrier took Duke to two bowls in his three years there.  

Bullwark, that's crazy to say USC's talent isn't much better than UCF's.  My god their talent level is much better than USF's and UCF's put together.   Check out recruiting the past five years, check out their roster.  They've still got quite a few big time athletes still on that roster.   Certainly it's not at the elite SEC level but against a non-BCS program or even USF they're still light years ahead.

Their first string talent is hands down better.  The problem is that so many key positions are down to their 2nd and 3rd strings due to suspensions.

Guest FreaKnight!!

Bien,

The UF team that Spurrier took over his first year was a very very strong team.

USC's starting OT's are very solid and could be two of the best in the SEC, but their interior OL is talented yet not as experienced.

For the UCF game, which is what we are talking about here, the offensive skill positions at QB, RB and WR are again, talented but inexperienced.  They might be playing Newton at RB, a position he has never played, but because of his experience at QB and WR, plus his overall good athleticism, is someone who can be counted on.

I am on the record saying that UCF won't win this game because of what USC brings on the other side of the ball.  Their defense will be very strong, the weakest segment appears to be DL for our game, but they are just stacked in the secondary and linebacker segments.

They do have a very strong defense.  That's where the game will be decided.  Moffett needs to show that his spring practice improvement was no fluke and someone needs to step up as the top RB.  I know Wilcox has big play ability as I've been watching him since he came to UCF.

If the O-Line, while still young, can win the battle upfront, it will give Moffett time to get the ball to our talented trio of receivers, Marshall, Walker and Johnson at TE.