• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beef O Brady's College Football Preview

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I had a "beef" with the management decision of a franchise that is located directly across the street from the University of South Florida to refuse to host a watch party in favor of playing a nationally televised football game for another school.

Just to clear something up. Am I wrong in understanding that they didn't REFUSE to host a watch party but just put one scheduled there in a smaller private back room? I'm sure the track record indicated they would have a bigger Gator crowd than a Bulls one even if they are located right across from the campus. The truth hurts sometimes.

Also, just to make sure other, more open-minded people understand, there are new owners there, as has been pointed several times here ....

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Trip, I seem to recall that there was no watch party that week.  They may have had the game on in the back room, but they were USF's home for away games.  They chose to screw that week, and I heard there wasn't much of a crowd for UF.  If you want to say that I'm not "open minded", then that is your perogative.  What I am is a fan that won't deal with people that pull BS like that on our program.  If you are okay with that behavior, then that is your perogative.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

Un uh. We were relegated to the smaller room, vice the main service facility.  And, correct, interestingly, it looked like the crowd for the Florida game was not quite what they figured it to be.

Point being, USF did the right thing by putting them "on probation" for a year. If you ran Beef's ... directly across from the University... you definately don't want to be snubbed. It's just good bidness to hop in the sack with the school.  Every watch party NOT at Beef's is money in someone else's pocket.

If you want to say that I'm not "open minded", then that is your perogative.

Castigating a group of small business owners for the deeds of one owner who is no longer even an owner is your prerogative ......

What I am is a fan that won't deal with people that pull BS like that on our program.

Nobody's asking you to. As Wooly pointed out, those "carbon based life-forms" are no longer there, so why should the current "carbon based life-forms" there suffer?

My goal now is to get you to that Beef's on your next trip down here. Will a pitcher do it?    ;)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Make it 2, and you're on... ;D

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

New owner. 'Nuf said.

We will always want as many local businesses to support us.

Good support of their business will mean good support of our programs.

Make it 2, and you're on... ;D

****, I was willing to go as high as 4 .................. cheap date.    8)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

so who is planning on attending this? i figure it might be a good intro to USF football.

That's on Friday Aug 26 between 3 and 7 PM, and I don't know yet if I will attend. It's located directly across Fowler Ave from USF, so if you are at school you can just walk over there. I haven't been there since the problem we had, but I'd go again since it's under new management. They do make a good Sangria. :)

The next day is FAD starting at 11:30 AM and THAT is the one you need to attend if you want a good intro to USF football.

Ninth Annual USF Football Fan Appreciation Day Scheduled

(July 6, 2005) TAMPA, FLA. -- For the ninth straight year, USF fans will have an opportunity to get up close with the Bulls at Fan Appreciation Day Saturday, August 27, beginning at 11:30 a.m.

Fans will have the opportunity to view the final 30 minutes of practice before greeting players and coaches. Fans may also seek autographs and have their photo taken with their favorite players and coaches. The event will take place at the USF practice field off Sycamore Drive on the USF campus.

USF opens its season September 3 at Penn State, one week prior to the home opener September 10 against Florida A&M.

For information on Fan Appreciation Day or tickets to USF games, fans may call 1-800-GoBulls.