• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCONN once again breaks season ticket sale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

record. Last year the Huskies sold 28,000 season tickets. The Huskies have sold 28,300 so far and there is still 6 weeks before kickoff. It appears Uconn will once more have no problem selling out every game. All preferred seating has been sold out. The cost for these preferred seat is $150.00 plus a $100.00 donation to the school.  Reserved seating is still available behind the endzones for a cost of $150.00 w/ $0.00 donation.  There are chair backs still available near mid field if a Uconn fan wants to pay $ 210.00 plus make a $625.00 donation to the school.  Anyone wanting chairbacks best act fast as they are nearly sold out as well. There may be a luxery box remaining for any groups interested, but there must be a min. of 18 at a cost of $210.00 and donation of $ 1,400.00 per seat... OUCH!

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/AllStories/MFootball/20050721a.html

Considering that Uconn has home games against Buffalo and Div 1-AA Liberty, us Uconn fans are really paying for 4 BE games against Syracuse, Rutgers, USF & Louisville. It is truly remarkable that Uconn has sold so well seeing that we are expected to have a down year.  Of the four BE games, USF will likely be our best chance for a win.

I have not bought season tickets yet, because I am not thrilled about the Buffalo (Thursday night game) and Liberty games. I am also not thrilled to go to a see Louisville in December -freaking cold enough at Rentscheller field in November :o. I planned to purchase only the games I wanted to see (Syracuse, Rutgers and USF), but may have to get them just to be sure I will have seats.

The people of the State of Connecticut are insane over the Huskies! How are tickets sales going down there in Tampa?  Should be brisk with all the excitement of joining the Big East, right?

DW

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I was just going to post that article when I saw you did already.

The other day when you were on the main board discussing USF ticket sales, I told you we had 17,000 last year. We are supposedly going to break that this year from what I have heard.

I asked about where our ticket sales where last night in the chat but he didn't know the numbers. We do expect 50,000 people for our opening home game against FAMU, but a lot of that is from FAMU fans.

Vbull <Q>What do you believe will be the attendance at the Fla. A&M game at RJS?  

Eric_Soncrant <A>My best guess would be 50,000  

HowieP Do you know how many individual tickets have already been sold to the FAMU game?  

RTB Spoke with John Lewis in Sales today and he just put a large group in the upper deck.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

If UCONN manages to break their losing streak against us this year, this guy may become unbearable.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What is your donation structure, DW?

how much is the donation for say, first row, home side, 50 yard line?

I know they are sold out, just wondering how much someone had to fork up for those seats?  

I think our donation for those seats are $5000 per year, + ticket face value.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Also, I was on a WVU board where they were talking about the article and someone said this:

One thing to remember is that UConn includes student season ticket sales in their total.

http://westvirginia.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=33&tid=55345486&sid=&style=2

Is that true, dw4uconn?

We don't sell season tickets to students. They get in at no charge [to all sporting events] since they pay an "athletic fee," similar to WVU.

geez, if we counted every allocated student seat at Ray Jay, you are talking another what, 10-12k tickets?

USFrjs05seats.gif

about just under 1/4 of seating is reserved for students, out of 45k available in the lower bowl.

Probably more like 1/5 or 1/6, so that is still 8500-9000 tickets for students  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

Here is the PDF link to the Husky ticket structure.  As far as I know, the donation is the same for all chairbacks.  However, Uconn does have a points system so priority seating could go to those with the most accumulated points.  This point system is why I don't have a prayer of ever seeing a BB game at the Gampel.  

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/MainLinks/tickets/05_FB_STIXAP.pdf

Thanks for the responses.  I thought I was getting black balled.  I will try not to be a typical obnoxious Uconn fan ...... nah, it's in our genes ;D

And about those student tickets, we charge students $8.00 per game for the season tickets.  I don't know about athletic fees. Again, I will ask FfldCntyFan or HuskyBlue on my home website and get back to you all.  The announcement said 28,300 - it didn't say how many student tickets were sold.  So yes, perhaps the difference from Uconn's announced 28K is really not as VAST as it first appeared to be. So I am sure USF really isn't doing as bad as it seems ;)  One thing though that is amazing, Uconn is not expected to beat too many Div 1A schools this year.  So the fan support is rather a surprise. So we will need to win the games were supposed to - Buffalo, Liberty and USF....

DW

I guess you'll have to settle for fluffalo and liberty.