• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Play The "Who's Your Daddy Mikey?" Game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Who's your daddy Mikey?

Now imagine Mikey's answer in his best Marge Simpson voice...."you are Jimmy!.....You are...ar...ar....ar....ar.....ar.....ar.....ar.....ar!....."

Shhh, if you are very quiet, you can almost hear the bell for each 1 UP?

whosyourdaddymikey.gif

I just needed an outlet to vent and this is what I came up with. I'm tired of our leadership getting us shafted. For fun and games, all are welcome to add dialogue to the scene above....If you're up for it, use this image in your post followed by what would be, I hope, fictional dialogue....  

[img=http://www.bigeastboards.com/userfiles/whosyourdaddymikey.gif]

Okay, I'll start:

whosyourdaddymikey.gif

MikeyT: Jimmy?

JimmyS: Yes, Mikey?

MikeyT: If you stop, I'll give you Syracuse....

JimmyS: Mike, you ignorant slut. I can take Syracuse anytime I want.

MikeyT: Okay, I'll throw in UConn too.....

Guest SCMountaineer1

Sorry, couldn't get logged in.  Maybe I'm banned?   :D

I forget you guys are new so introductions are necessary.  On the left, Jim Swofford, ACC Commissioner.  On th right, in a position much less dignified, Big East Commissioner Mike Tranghese.

Beyond that, you can delete this post if you wanna....

SCMountaineer

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

SC,

I don't know .... perhaps the vivid images of what Mike does in his free time is a bit much.  I find the animation offensive ...... not that there is anything wrong with what they are doing however :)  Can't put my finger on it, but something just ain't right. Perhaps it is the color scheme? You are an artist, but this perhaps is not your forte?  [smiley=hippy2.gif]

When it come to animation and website designing, you ARE the MAN !!!!  I still love the avatar you created for me ..... and the countless others you created for posters on the Bigeastboards.com website.

DW

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry, couldn't get logged in.  Maybe I'm banned?   :D

SC, do you need your password reset?  You're certainly not banned.  I think the image is funny.  Unsure where to do from there!

And secondly, we came from a conference with a commissioner in absentia so just seeing Tranghese do ANYTHING is an improvement.  Really.  It's hard for us to rag on the guy yet, afterall, he let us in!

SC, do you need your password reset?  You're certainly not banned.  I think the image is funny.  Unsure where to do from there!

And secondly, we came from a conference with a commissioner in absentia so just seeing Tranghese do ANYTHING is an improvement.  Really.  It's hard for us to rag on the guy yet, afterall, he let us in!

Bulliever, it is good you are not one of the original remaining members as you don't still have to feel the pain us long time BE suffers have had to endure.  The very fact that USF is in the Big East is do to Ineptness AND inaction on the part of Mike, the chancellors and the atletic directors of the BE FB schools.  Joining the BE may seem sweet now, but USF is REALLY entering a conference still very much in a fog.  This move could very well backfire on USF.  If there IS an expected split in 2010, what is there to keep USF with the FB schools splitting.  I don't think there is any guarantees after 2010.

What happened with USF is that in July 2004, the chancellors and AD's met and decided to send Mikey to Penn State to lure them into the conference. Why did they send Mike? Why didn't they vote on stricter exit conditions then or atleast when they meet agin in August? Total ineptness and BC ran off to the ACC. That is how USF became an option.  So it wasn't ACTION, but lack of action AND THAT IS WHY USF SHOULDN"T BE SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW.

What is truly offensive about SC's post is that there are TWO very important schools being discussed.  It is a joke, but why DID SC use Syracuse and Uconn in the skit? Both Syracuse and Connecticut would jump in a moment if invited to the ACC.  There has been real conversation and even moore rumor that the ACC will expand to 14 schools.  What is going to happen in 2010?  With the total ineptness going on right now, the BE is still VERY HOT for raiding.  I don't believe any BE school will have to pay a penalty if they leave in 2010.  It has not been discussed much, but Syracuse and Uconn going to the ACC, Pitt or Syracuse to the Big Ten, WVU to the SEC are still very much a possible.  

So ya, it is a joke, but I don't think it is funny .......

DW

Thanks Bulliever but I'm good now.  I think I was just having problems with the proxy server where I work.  Today, I experienced no problems.

Wow D-dub, that was deep.  We really need to talk more.   You read a little more into that than I intended to convey.  This is just a hypothetical conversation these two might have while Jimmy is drilling Mikey.  In SuperMario games, the 1-up signifies lives.  In my little cartoon, they represent the fact that Swofford is significantly more skilled at conference brinksmanship than is Tranghese and is consistently advanced in foreward thinking.   Beyond that, no more thought went into it.  I did use Syracuse because of their earlier flirtations but UConn was simply a coincidence.  Anyway, just forget about the dialogue.  It is secondary to the picture which is simply to convey my belief that no matter how much arguing there can be about which is the better conference, I do know which conference has the better commissioner.

Also, DW is exactly right.  Long-time BE fans have watched their conference decline considerably under Tranghese's leadership.  If I had the power to do anything with the conference, the first thing I would do is replace Tranghese.  

This thread reminds me of a story I read not too long ago. It goes something like this:

Both Jim Swofford and Mike Tranghese were out driving along route 95 somewhere near ACC headquarters when they came upon a sheep with its head stuck in the fence.

Jim says to Mike, "Heyyy, here's our chance to have some fun!" Mike pulls over and they get out of the car and they approach the sheep.

Both Jim and Mike look over the sheep's precarious situation and decide that, sure enough, it's head was stuck firmly in place and there was no escape.

Jim says, "I'm gonna get a piece of that ....", then proceeds to drop his pants and began servicing the sheep from behind.  When he was done, he looked over at Mike and said, "Okay, it's your turn now."

AT that moment Mike breaks out with a great big smile and said, "Whoooooohoo, I've always dreamed of this!"  Mike then dropped his pants and stuck his head in the fence next to the sheep and said, Go ahead, and take your time!"

DW