• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check out UL new proposed arena

Guest Red bird

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Freedom Hall is a great place to watch a game because of the atmosphere created by the fans... but in reality its a dump.  Sightlines are poor, amenities are few to non-existent, and location isn't good either (though there's plenty of parking because of the fairgrounds location).  When I first went there just over two years ago, the first thing I thought is "when are they going to get a new building?"  

I was in Memphis this year for the tourney, and the Fed Ex Forum is beautiful.  You walk right out onto Beale St. when the game is over to either celebrate or mourn over a beer with some great music and barbeque.  It's an awesome setup, so if they don't want to build on campus this sounds like the way to go.  As always when they build new facilities, I just hope the student body gets some good tickets as well.