• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pinella vs. Schilling....................

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

I thought "idiot" was a term of endearment in Boston now, no need to get his panties in a bunch.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Also, fwiw, throwing at a batter is not bad... thowing near their head is.

What Arroyo did to Huff was a legit baseball move and a good one.  Huff was hitting him pretty good... no one else was... so instead of letting him hit... hit em and make him think about it next time he's at the plate.

That is chickenshít, legit baseball move or not ...

What that other pitcher did to ortiz was toss a 93 mph heater at his head... that is wrong.  If you want to send a message, hit the batter in their ass, not their head

Throwing at the head is wrong but like mul said, he WAS probably throwing at his ass ....

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

if he 'accidentally' threw at his head, it is still bad... because it is potentially career ending... It does happen... people make mistakes...and maybe carter didn't mean it... but Ortiz had every right to be furious with him for the headshot as it was likely he was told to hit ortiz, whether you believe that or not, i don't care... if you saw the game... and pinella's comment afterward...its obvious he ordered it... maybe not at the head, i have no idea.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

if he 'accidentally' threw at his head, it is still bad... because it is potentially career ending... It does happen... people make mistakes...and maybe carter didn't mean it... but Ortiz had every right to be furious with him for the headshot as it was likely he was told to hit ortiz, whether you believe that or not, i don't care... if you saw the game... and pinella's comment afterward...its obvious he ordered it... maybe not at the head, i have no idea.

I seriously doubt ANY manager would tell a pitcher to throw at someone's head ........... unless Buddy Ryan get's his own team.

Some pitchers do throw at heads though, on purpose, after getting the 'hit the batter' sign.

Its funny how Sox fans get all upset when a pitcher throws at thier heads, but all those years with Pedro throwing bean balls at people intentionally you were so quick to defend him.  And even blame the Yankees for starting brawls which were started by Pedro throwing at peoples head.  The shoe is on the other foot now, and I can smell the hypocrisy in the air.

I don't approve of bean ball, even when pedro did it.  What i did defend was the claims that he wouldn't do the same thing in the national league because of not having a DH.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

two idiots

two idiots

Pinella and Schilling, or Velcro and I?  LOL