• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

theo epstein talking about mending fences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with nomar sounded disingenous and insincere

file this under too little too late.

bosox will fold out of gate.they are a psychological mess

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

It is not disingenous. I know you are just trying to fire me up this early friday morning.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sox will be fine.

Yanks have NO pitching.  Kevin Brown will break down after 5 starts.

Ego proglems between Lofton/Williams, Jeter/Arod, etc. break the Yankees to pieces.

Sox win the division by 5 games

GO SOX!

• Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718

"Yanks have NO pitching.  Kevin Brown will break down after 5 starts. "

No pitching???  How many teams would die for a rotation of Mussina, Vasquez, Brown, Contreras and Lieber?  Brown may be suspect heath-wise but if I were you I would keep my eye on Pedro's arm.  

"Ego proglems between Lofton/Williams, Jeter/Arod, etc. break the Yankees to pieces."

Again worry about your own house.  Nomar was treated like crap by your fans and management.  You were all giddy about replacing him.  As far as Manny goes.............does he still want to be a Yankee?   I am sure that sits well with his "teamates".  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone was fine with Manny last year, more chemistry than ever, even despite his "yankee aspirations"  Manny will not be a problem... hopefully Nomar will rebound from an off year.

"Yanks have NO pitching.  Kevin Brown will break down after 5 starts. "

No pitching???  How many teams would die for a rotation of Mussina, Vasquez, Brown, Contreras and Lieber?  Brown may be suspect heath-wise but if I were you I would keep my eye on Pedro's arm.  

"Ego proglems between Lofton/Williams, Jeter/Arod, etc. break the Yankees to pieces."

Again worry about your own house.  Nomar was treated like crap by your fans and management.  You were all giddy about replacing him.  As far as Manny goes.............does he still want to be a Yankee?   I am sure that sits well with his "teamates".  

Fact is, your staff is nowhere NEAR what it was last year, while the Sox have upgraded tremendously and now have arguably the best pitching staff in the majors, with the possible exception of the Cubs.

Lieber hasn't pitched in two years, Kevin Brown is an injury magnet, and the Sox TEED OFF on Contreras last year (check the stats).  Aside from Mussina, who is a stud, and Vasquez, who is a question mark from a NY Pressure standpoint, your staff is marginal at best. I'm salivating thinking of the Sox teeing off on pinstripe pitching!

And, egos aside, the Sox offense last year was the best in the Majors since the 27 Yanks, and the only person of note we lost was Todd Walker.

I'm not worried about my house.   ;D

I see you are backtracking.....going from no pitching to not as good as last years.  You were moving in the right direction until you put your foot in your mouth again with the marginal comment.  Marginal pitching would be Detroit or Texas.  

Remember, I never made any claims about how good they will be just that most teams would love to have that rotation.  You are the one claiming the sky is falling in Yankee land.  Take off your I hate the Yankees glasses and try taking an objective look and not a worst case senario look.  

By the I will go out on a limb and say we will be revisiting the "Manny will not be a problem" comment.  

I see you are backtracking.....going from no pitching to not as good as last years.  You were moving in the right direction until you put your foot in your mouth again with the marginal comment.

I was generalizing.  Yes, they have decent pitching.  Nowhere near what they had last year.  Pettite, Clemens, and Wells were good for 53 wins last year combined.  Can Brown, Vasquez, and Lieber match that?  I have serious doubts.

Marginal pitching would be Detroit or Texas.  

Remember, I never made any claims about how good they will be just that most teams would love to have that rotation.

The Devil Rays?  Yeah.  The Cubs, Astros, or Sox?  Nope.

You are the one claiming the sky is falling in Yankee land.

No, I'm the one claiming that the Yankees are worse than last year (even with A-Rod) and that the Sox are better off.

By the I will go out on a limb and say we will be revisiting the "Manny will not be a problem" comment.

Maybe, maybe not.  He was put on waivers and nobody wanted him, not even the Mighty Yankees that he supposedly loves so much.  Hopefully, than humbles him and he gets down to business.  We shall see.

Either way, it's gonna be a hell of a year!   ;D

By the way, the three pitchers that replaced Clemens, Pettitte, and Wells (53 wins) have a combined total of 27 wins (counting Lieber's 6 wins in 2002).

That's a pitching deficit of 26 games.

Will A-Rod and Sheff provide the pop that the Yanks didn't have in 2003 to make up that difference?  I personally don't think so.

Just FYI.

You are making progress .........from no pitching to decent pitching.  

I agree the Sox made a big step up in pitching.  I think that Foulke could be a bigger addition than Schilling.  Little might not have left Pedro in as long if he had a real closer......now you have one.  

No one wanted Manny because of his contract coupled with his ME attitude.  No one in baseball can argue with his stats but as far as I am concerned he is a cancer on the Sox.  I still think that we will be revisting the Manny will not be a problem comment later this year.