• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB gets 2006 commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

USF Women Get Commitment

Published: Apr 7, 2005

TAMPA - Although only a junior, Lake Mary's Caitlyn Mitryk, rated among the nation's top 100 forwards, said she will attend South Florida.

``A lot of people told me to wait to commit, but I didn't want to bother with other schools trying to talk me out of it,'' Mitryk said. ``I just felt in love with the school and that's where my heart is.''

Verbal commitments are non-binding, but Mitryk said she won't change her mind. The 6-foot Mitryk has started three years at Lake Mary and averaged 10 points and 2.8 assists, leading the Rams to the Class 6A state semifinals.

An all-state selection, she was ranked by All-Star Girl's Report among the nation's top 100 junior forwards. Mitryk also was named to the Orlando Sentinel's All-Central Florida team and was the Seminole County Player of the Year.

``I developed a real good relationship with USF's coaches, especially [assistant] Coach [sadiaa] Jones and I knew where I wanted to go,'' said Mitryk, who has an older sister who is a USF freshman.

Mitryk said she also considered UCF, Florida State, Miami, East Carolina and TCU.

Brett McMurphy

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB0NUWD87E.html

16827486.jpg

Caitlyn Mitryk couldn't lead her team to a championship, but the Lake Mary junior was one of the main reasons the Rams only lost one game in state all season and reached the 6A semifinals.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-varvwcover24032405mar24,1,2634264.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AstroBull

I saw her play at a AAU tourney at Astro last weekend.  Girl can flat out play.  She has a great shot and her defense is tremendous.  

I saw her play at a AAU tourney at Astro last weekend.  Girl can flat out play.  She has a great shot and her defense is tremendous.  

Stephanie supposedly just left the Shockers to play with her on DEBO. Is that the name of her AAU team?

http://www.breakdownmagazine.com/discusboard/messages/974/7006.html?1115326906

Guest AstroBull

Yep that would be the team.  It's nice for them to build a little chemistry before they head over to Tampa.  I'm all for it