• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

cee Finds Refuge at Greg's Blog

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

For anyone who doesn't believe fan activities on the Internet can affect the public opinion on USF, I would point your attention towards the recent phenom surrounding Grothe. Grothe is good, yes, but I would venture to say that he wouldn't be nearly in the spotlight as much as he is without a couple of fan-submitted youtube videos and mattgrothe.com (thanks Eats It!). The press will often use the Internet as a research tool and, inevitably, they will see the bad with the good. I encourage everyone to keep this in mind when posting.

That said, I see both sides of the argument. On one hand, you don't want to be a troll safehaven. On the other hand, you don't want to stifle "dissent" from the mainstream opinion too much, either. I think Brad has the right idea about drawing the line between negative comments and downright malicious intent.

Hopefully, this doesn't become more of an issue in the future, cause I friggin love Greg's blog.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived