• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ticket bill caused slight loss for USF on bowl trip

Guest nybullsfan

It's been quite a while since I was in SG, but I'm pretty sure the athletics fee covers only intramural, not intercollegiate.

Intercollegiate is supported by ticket sales, advertising, and donations, IIRC.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

It's been quite a while since I was in SG, but I'm pretty sure the athletics fee covers only intramural, not intercollegiate.

Who pays for student tickets to USF intercollegiate athletic events?

Guest nybullsfan

It's an opportunity cost, not a real cost. The venue (Sundome, RJS, SPT Forum) is "rented" in its entirety, not seat-by-sart

The only real costs are the printing of paper tickets, a small delta of staffing to cover the differential amount of students over non-students, etc. I assume these are covered by the general Athletics budget.

Guest Sunburned

It's an opportunity cost, not a real cost. The venue (Sundome, RJS, SPT Forum) is "rented" in its entirety, not seat-by-sart

The only real costs are the printing of paper tickets, a small delta of staffing to cover the differential amount of students over non-students, etc. I assume these are covered by the general Athletics budget.

Then why are only students who pay athletic fees allowed to get "free" tickets?

1.0 ONLINE STUDENT TICKET DISTRIBUTION

* Students have secure, personal accounts from which to manage their account information, request a ticket, track their attendance history, view their loyalty points, print their ticket, as well as purchase student guest tickets, football away game tickets and bowl game tickets if available.

* Only currently enrolled, athletic-fee paying, students are eligible to request one (1) ticket to each home game.

* Students must register online through the student ticket link at www.gousfbulls.com.

* When accessing the online services for the first time, students must input their personal information, including a valid email address to use for all future communications regarding football tickets.

* Each student's login ID is their U# with a 9 replacing the U.

Guest nybullsfan

Good question. Maybe to encourage them to pay their fees.

Unless things have changed, the fee's not optional, so if it's not paid you're not "in good standing" anyway...

Archived