• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami scholarship ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

I know this has been mentioned several times, but how many scholarships does UM have left?  Their rivals site alredy lists 13 commits and there are still lots of guys out their with UM as their top choice.  Signing day is going to be very interesting because the whole "getting" Miami's leftovers is going to have a whole new meaning this year... not that that is such a bad thing

Guest S.  Bien
I know this has been mentioned several times, but how many scholarships does UM have left?  Their rivals site alredy lists 13 commits and there are still lots of guys out their with UM as their top choice.  Signing day is going to be very interesting because the whole "getting" Miami's leftovers is going to have a whole new meaning this year... not that that is such a bad thing

Apparently Miami has 5 more scholarships to give, and that's probably a tad aggressive, and you must consider that they might sign as many as 20 to compensate for any academic casualties.  As it stands many people feel they are a lock for Kenny Phillips, Antone Smith, Patrick Turner, Chris Barney, Neefy Moffett, and Simon Condrington.  Expect them to also pick up a wildcard in Pipho, Murdock, Lobdell, Gabe McKenzie, Jerome Hayes, and Odofia.

If USF is lucky they grab the remaining 5-7 recruits they want out of that group.   If so that could leave an opening for Jean-Francois, Gordon, and Hill.

FSU has 12 commitments, and probably has 12 more or so to give out.  Expect them to land Upchurch, Rouse, Demp, Ellis, Hardrick, Quiton Brown, Derek Nicholson, Eugene Hayes, Chris Chancellor, Jamie Robinson, Kory Magnum, Callan Brighte, Bobby Greenwood, Letroy Guion, and Brian Ellis.  

UF has probably a full alotment, and has 10, and needs 15 more.  Expect them to land their final fifteen from this group- James Davis, Mikell Simpson, Conredge Collins, Nyan Boateg, Reggie Nelson, Lobdell, Murdock, Carlos Thomas, Mike Holton, Jared Gaither, Calvin Wilson, Chris Scott, Lawrence Wilson, Matt Lewis, Jerome Hayes, Bryan Evans, RJ Jackson, and Brent Davis.

My opinions of who goes where for their final slots:

UM- Kenny Phillips, Antone Smith, Patrick Turner, Barney, Moffett, Codrington, Lodbell, and Odofia they lose Randy Phillips.

FSU- Upchurch, Rouse, Demp, Hardrick, Brown, Hayes, Nicholson, Chancellor, Robinson, Magnum, Ellis, and Brighte.  

UF- Nelson, Collins, Boateg, Murdock, Thomas, Lobdell,  Gaither, Wilson, Randy Phillips, Jerome Hayes, Bryan Evans, Lawrence Wilson, Holton, and Elllis.

USF- we'll soon see. ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Good breakdown Bien, I also heard Miami has somewhere in the range of 15-16 or so schollies this year, so its nice to see they are nearly done with recruiting.  I'm still hoping they land another top OL and have to cut AJ Trump loose, and maybe we can grab him.