• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy New Year Pitt!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

The Big East is getting trashed right now on both espn and fox radio.  I wanted Pitt to win because a lost like this will hurt us more in the long run.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Big East already has BCS berth locked up for years to come, no single bowl loss is going to reverse that.

The Big East has a lot of parity right now, somebody is going to step up & fill the gap left by Miami - will it be USF or Louisville, those would be the two likely candidates.

There are plenty of average and below-average teams in other BCS conferences that never get talked about.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I understand the rooting againist a rival, but we needed Pitt to win or at least play it close because to keep our new league the Big East from being embarrassed. This loss by the conference champ hurts the conference as a whole, us included. So don't gloat so much.

I was rooting for Pitt to win because its in the Big East.

HOWEVER, it HELPS USF in recruiting that they lost because we are going head to head with them for a number of Florida recruits this year and now have a better chance of landing them.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Big East already has BCS berth locked up for years to come, no single bowl loss is going to reverse that.

The Big East has a lot of parity right now, somebody is going to step up & fill the gap left by Miami - will it be USF or Louisville, those would be the two likely candidates.There are plenty of average and below-average teams in other BCS conferences that never get talked about.

how can you honestly say USF can step up and fill the void left by Miami? Are you thinking 7-10 yrs down the road?

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

ChiTown Bull...I don't know if you have looked at the recruiting board, but yesterday the #1 dual threat QB in the country just added USF to his list of final schools.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=18672&sport=1

Can you imagine if we actually landed him this year? It would set off a shockwave in College Football.  Other Top Recruits would then be lining up to play for USF, knowing that we would be a BCS contender every year.

So, to answer your question, from my perspective, it all depends on how soon we start to land "marquee" talent.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

how can you honestly say USF can step up and fill the void left by Miami? Are you thinking 7-10 yrs down the road?

Miami was perrennial Big East champion and BCS representative...people on this board are already speculating about USF's chances of winning the Big East next year. I wouldn't call it that far-fetched, and certainly not 7-10 years away.

ChiTown Bull...I don't know if you have looked at the recruiting board, but yesterday the #1 dual threat QB in the country just added USF to his list of final schools.

Can you imagine if we actually landed him this year? It would set off a shockwave in College Football.  Other Top Recruits would then be lining up to play for USF, knowing that we would be a BCS contender every year.

So, to answer your question, from my perspective, it all depends on how soon we start to land "marquee" talent.

ok when we actually get some of these guys and they start to pan out on the field I will become a bulliever that we can win the BE

until then I have gotten my hopes up too many times and been let down by lesser recruits (platt, Ingram)

so i still think we are far away from winning the BE and being good enough to be a top 15 team yr in and yr out

i might bleed green and gold but it doesnt mean i have to view the football world through green and gold glasses

Miami was perrennial Big East champion and BCS representative...people on this board are already speculating about USF's chances of winning the Big East next year. I wouldn't call it that far-fetched, and certainly not 7-10 years away.

IMO that is crazy to speculate that we can win the BE next yr

i would be happy to finish top 4 with a good enough record for a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with a great qb play we have a chance to win big east next year but we have to land a top qb

big east is not big ten by a long shot.big ten is one the oldest conferences with such rich tradition

big east was created by TV

screw pitt

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I try not to get too hyped up with this recruiting stuff but seeing a #1 prospect add us like that is awesome. That's some good stuff whether we land him or not. Just having our name listed has to have some positive residual somewhere down the line ...