• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida/California Rosters & More

Guest S. Bien
Florida won 24-22. A few of our recruits had some big plays. CB Tyler Roberts had a nice interception. We coud use a good CB  

Chris DeArmas played beautifully at tackle.  He didn't surrender a sack, and his footwork, and quickness out of the snap is outstanding.  He has great hands and feet so no DE could get around him, or through him.  He's going to be one helluva tackle for USF.  He clearly out played the other tackle he platooned with- Michael Johnson, the Alabama commit from the Panhandle.  When DeArmas' crew was in they ran the ball far more effectively and Chris played along side Trump as they simply dominated that side of the line.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Florida won 24-22. A few of our recruits had some big plays. CB Tyler Roberts had a nice interception. We coud use a good CB  

Pahokee running back Antone Smith, who was awarded the state's Mr. Football Award last month after leading his team to a second consecutive state title, earned MVP honors for Florida even though he was outgained by Sargeant, who was named California's MVP.

Smith, who had a crowd of Pahokee fans in attendance cheering him on, broke six tackles on an amazing 18-yard touchdown run to give Florida a 14-7 lead with 9:10 remaining in the first half. He finished with 43 yards rushing on 12 attempts and a 13-yard catch.

Afterward, with TV cameras in his face, he played coy about his future college choice.

''Seriously, this stadium is pretty nice, and South Beach is off the chain,'' Smith said. ``I'm not going to announce anything yet. Right now, I'm going to enjoy this win. As far as the MVP, our defense deserved this award, not me.''

Orlando Edgewater cornerback Tyller Roberts, a player who was a late addition to Florida's roster, would have been a strong candidate. Roberts intercepted Sanchez twice and broke up two passes.  :o  :o

Dillard linebacker Elijah Hodge picked off a pass and finished with three tackles. Lakeland defensive tackle Kendrick Stewart finished with two sacks, five tackles and the best Florida celebration of the night.

After sacking California backup Derek Shaw in the third quarter, Stewart brought the sparse crowd to its feet when he went head over heels with back-to-back flips.  ;D  ;D

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10552767.htm?1c

More on some of the guys from GatorCountry.com:

O.J. MURDOCK: Florida quarterbacks Harrison Beck and Jonathan Garner had their eyes locked all night on the high stepping Fred Rouse. This hurt Murdock's production for the most part, but he did haul in 3 catches on the night. Murdock showed good hands in the flats and caught two of his passes in traffic. His speed on the short passing game was excellent.

KENDRICK STEWART: Though he hasn't received a Florida offer, the Lakeland defensive tackle had a monster game. When he wasn't somersaulting and back flipping, Stewart was wreaking havoc on the California backfield. He finished the night with 2 sacks and several tackles for losses. The question lingers if the new staff will offer. His size (6-0, 275) seems to be the only thing that is holding him back from getting one.

TYLLER ROBERTS: Roberts lined up the opposite corner from Atkins and he had a superb night. The Orlando Edgewater product had two interceptions off California's Mark Sanchez. He's tall (6-1) and his speed is deceptive. He had no problems in coverage. His big game probably raised his stock with Coach Urban Meyer and the Gators, whom he is scheduled to visit.

"I'll visit on the 22nd of January," he said. "They'll talk to me about a scholarship when I get there. Coach Meyer called (prior to the state finals) and just told me that he's waiting on my scores to get in and he'll tell me a little more about Florida."

http://florida.scout.com/2/337073.html

Tyller Roberts is scheduled to visit USF on 1/28 according to insiders.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1690225

Kendrick Stewart is also scheduled to visit on that same date.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1233121

So, it looks like we won't know about their final decisions until at least the end of the month.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Tyller Roberts is scheduled to visit USF on 1/28 according to insiders.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=1690225

hopefully we get to leave the last impression on him :)

hopefully we get to leave the last impression on him :)

After I wrote that, I added Stewart who will also be taking his last official visit to USF as well.

Maybe JL will schedule some more Califlorida Bowl players for that date.

It's good for them to see other players of their caliber when they come to visit.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it was a good game