• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2005-2006 BE mirror games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

Your non-marquee schools have all been to the final four before.  Hopefully they will be nice to us next year and give us St. John's, G-town, and West Virginia.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Not necessarily - if they do it based on what will provide the best TV audience then the other CUSA teams might get the prime matchups leaving USF with whatever's left on the table after that. Hopefully we'll get a traditional matchup but I wouldn't count on it.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

No disrepect to our soon to be old conference brothers, but I will take any mirror games over games against USM, TULANE, and Houston.  I dont believe the fans in this area would have ever got excited for the USFvsHouston or USFvsECU basketball matches. Being in the BIG EAST should help attendence. There wont be any basketball school that will be a noone in the BIG EAST except for USF. I bet some of those school's fans are hoping that USF is not their mirror game. lol. It is ok though because I have faith that USF will be strong in both basketball and football. McCullum has made some progress already in my book. He coached a good game against Michigan, but just has a few players short right now.  He recruiting  Z Cann from BRANDON HS which shows us he will keep talent from leaving. He has Gary on his staff which will work hard recruiting in the NorthEast.

And you know what? I am not concerned at all about all the defections that McCullum has had since he became coach. I watched an old documentary about Coach Bobby Knight when he took over at Indiana. Coach Knight had alot of players and coaches leave his program because he was too tough. Well, I think we all know that Indiana became very successful with Coach Knight. I think USF has their own Bobby Knight in Coach McCullum which is a good thing.