• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy (and relieved) after last night's W

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

Extremely happy to see the Bulls beat WVU last night.  I watched it with no sound at a Halloween party, so there may have been a few things I missed, but...

*Not sure what the penalty count was, but I definitely know we weren't flagged on every other play.  It seemed as if we played a clean game last night.  I honestly can't remember a game where we weren't penalized a ton.  Hats off for playing disciplined... did they even have ONE personal foul?  I don't remember one. 

*Nice to see we discovered our passing game again.  After two straight games of running the qb read option every play, I was praying we would attempt to throw the ball down the field more... and we did.  Too bad we had about 4-5 dropped passes.  Come on receivers... help BJ out!  We have the potential to be a dangerous offense if opposing defenses are forced to respect our passing game.

*Special teams play was improved... somewhat.  Great job to our kicker for going 3 for 3 on the night.  Still disappointed in our kick coverage... would like to see opposing teams not consistently start on the 35 yard line, or better.

*D-Line stepped it up!  Nice job in forcing Brown into some poor throws.  Hopefully that pressure will stay consistent for the rest of the year.  Also, nice job for holding Devine under 50 yards!

That was a BIG W when we needed it.  Now we have 12 days to prepare for Rutgers.  All of a sudden, this game becomes the biggest of the year.

Archived