• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF BULLS & Boston Red Sox

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

Cubs championship drought - 97 years

White sox drought - 87 years

Red Sox drought - 86 years and DONE

How many times have the Cubs or White Sox lost in the WS or LCS over that span?  I'm going to guess not as many as Boston.

No, they were the biggest single-season choke of all time in any major professional sport that's ever been played in the United States of America.

Uhm, check the NHL stats and then repost please.

Funny how the Yankees won the AL East and had the 2nd best record in Major League Baseball but their FANS still considered themselves underdogs, even with a 3-0 series lead.

I believe odds makers define who is an underdog and since they determined the Red Sox were the favorite to win the ALCS, I guess that makes you wrong again.

Ahh, the old 26 championships drivel, or as Bill Simmons likes to call it, Plan G.  Yankees fans, the "good old days" ended in 2000 for you.  Red Sox fans are living in them right now.

I love how Sox fans try to discount the Yankees winning more chamionships than any team in any sport because you win one in 86 years.  It's comical.

Face it.  You couldn't close the deal in 2001 against Arizona, you couldn't get close to a deal in 2002 against Anaheim, you couldn't get the job done in 2003 against the Wild Card Marlins, and now you just got bitchslapped by the Wild Card Red Sox, who had the biggest party to that date in the past 86 years on YOUR FIELD with STEINBRENNER and his wallet watching.

Face it- the Red Sox couldn't beat the Yankees in any of those years.  Biggest party to date?  In that little town of yours?  Doubtful.  I also don't remember Pettite getting hit in the face with a baseball.  Nice fans.

Year 2000!

Year 2000!

Year 2000!

Year 1997!

Year 1998!

Year 1999!

Year 2000!

Let's see if you can win three more in a row.  You claim to be a writer?  Lesson one- check and recheck your facts before putting it in print.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Face it- the Red Sox couldn't beat the Yankees in any of those years.  Biggest party to date?  In that little town of yours?  Doubtful.  I also don't remember Pettite getting hit in the face with a baseball.  Nice fans.

Year 1997!

Year 1998!

Year 1999!

Year 2000!

Let's see if you can win three more in a row.  You claim to be a writer?  Lesson one- check and recheck your facts before putting it in print.

The Marlins beat the Indians in 1997 so why are you so happy about it? Did you not check your facts?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

Not to mention that I said MAJOR sports.  The NHL is not a major sport when Spongebob Squarepants reruns draw higher ratings than the Stanley Cup Finals.

Yankees = biggest chokers in the history of major professional sports in America.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

Not to mention that I said MAJOR sports.  The NHL is not a major sport when Spongebob Squarepants reruns draw higher ratings than the Stanley Cup Finals.

Well then I guess you should exclude baseball too since most Americans could give two $HITS about baseball.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Baseball and Football have the highest rankings for any sports in america, so i'm not sure where you are getting that sentiment.  

America has proven to care abouth both of those sports considerably.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

VG, he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.  He didn't know the Yankees didn't win in '97, and he has no clue about baseball's TV ratings.

FYI, Denver, Game 7 of the Sox/Yanks was the highest rated television program of the YEAR with the exception of the Superbowl.  Guess America doesn't care, eh?  Guess America hates baseball, eh?  Guess Fox was just lucky to be able to charge $350K for a 30 second spot during the World Series, eh?

Check YOUR facts and get back to me.  In the meantime, try not to choke any more.  May I recommend Ricola?   ;D