• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF BULLS & Boston Red Sox

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

yankees have turned a profit each of the last 4 years

Sox sold every ticket to every game. That is the first time any MLB team has done that in the history of MLB.  BTW Giants have not won a series in 50 years. What a bunch of losers. To have all those great players for so many years and to keep losing. I am suprised they ever sell out a game.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

that dump you play in only holds about 38k

yeah you guys own us......1 victory in how many yrs?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

Sox sold every ticket to every game. That is the first time any MLB team has done that in the history of MLB. 

Actually, KR, it's not the first time it's ever happened in baseball.

Link

"The Sox have sold out every home game since May 15, 2003. They are set to become the fourth team in Major League history to sell out every home game, joining Cleveland Indians (1996-2000), the Colorado Rockies (1996) and the San Francisco Giants (2000). "

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Actually, KR, it's not the first time it's ever happened in baseball.

Link

"The Sox have sold out every home game since May 15, 2003. They are set to become the fourth team in Major League history to sell out every home game, joining Cleveland Indians (1996-2000), the Colorado Rockies (1996) and the San Francisco Giants (2000). "

Thanks man I thought that was a good one to toss out off the top of my head. I figured nobody would do the actual research ecspecially a sox fan.  Did you go to the parade?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

I'd rather have the most recent one, and not have the biggest choke ever

Your whole team is the biggest choke ever over history. One year doesn't erase that.  Yankees were the biggest choke this year. Even though they were the underdog in the series.  As a fan, if the bulls choked a huge game and lost, but it meant the stars would align and bring us 26 National Chamionships, I would sign on for that in a f*ing heartbeat.

Thanks man I thought that was a good one to toss out off the top of my head. I figured nobody would do the actual research ecspecially a sox fan.  Did you go to the parade?

It's funny, because my wife and I were discussing this very item not two days ago.  It's still very impressive, and you'll note the absence of many a notable team on there.

I didn't go to the parade, although I was in the south shore that day.  It was such a miserable day and I couldn't see subjecting my kid to hours of being outside in the cold and drizzle.  

We ended up watching the coverage on all the news stations and taking the Fenway Park Tour first thing Sunday morning.  It was sweet!

Your whole team is the biggest choke ever over history. One year doesn't erase that.  

Cubs championship drought - 97 years

White sox drought - 87 years

Red Sox drought - 86 years and DONE

Not quite the "biggest choke ever over history" but I wouldn't expect a Yankee fan to know facts.

Yankees were the biggest choke this year.

No, they were the biggest single-season choke of all time in any major professional sport that's ever been played in the United States of America.

Even though they were the underdog in the series.

Funny how the Yankees won the AL East and had the 2nd best record in Major League Baseball but their FANS still considered themselves underdogs, even with a 3-0 series lead.  Whatever helps you sleep better, choker.   ;D

As a fan, if the bulls choked a huge game and lost, but it meant the stars would align and bring us 26 National Chamionships, I would sign on for that in a f*ing heartbeat.

Ahh, the old 26 championships drivel, or as Bill Simmons likes to call it, Plan G.  Yankees fans, the "good old days" ended in 2000 for you.  Red Sox fans are living in them right now.

Face it.  You couldn't close the deal in 2001 against Arizona, you couldn't get close to a deal in 2002 against Anaheim, you couldn't get the job done in 2003 against the Wild Card Marlins, and now you just got bitchslapped by the Wild Card Red Sox, who had the biggest party to that date in the past 86 years on YOUR FIELD with STEINBRENNER and his wallet watching.   ;D

Year 2000!

Year 2000!

Year 2000!

Oh yeah, and in the past four years that you HAVEN'T won the World Series, your payroll has escalated from $100M to $190M.  I'm sure Steinbrenner is really happy about investing that extra roughly $200M over the four years to watch the Red Sox do the Tango on the Yankee Stadium pitcher's mound.   ;D

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i never consider our team underdogs to the sux....

during the last 9 ws the Yankees have been in 6 of them and won 4 of them

you have won one ws.....a little full of yourself?