• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anything new on Terrence Jones?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Any recent news with Terrence Jones?  Last I heard he was trying to get the academics cleared up, but was going to enroll at USF and hoped to be eligable for spring football.  Any word?

Seeing as Andre Hall is a JUCO and will be a senior next year, for TJ to play for us next year as a freshmen would be big, so we can develope him to take over after Hall's departure.  From what I have seen of Hall this year, TJ (whom I watched quite a bit at Booker) is a very similar RB to Hall, and would have an opportunity to be every bit as good.

Guest S.  Bien
Any recent news with Terrence Jones?  Last I heard he was trying to get the academics cleared up, but was going to enroll at USF and hoped to be eligable for spring football.  Any word?

Seeing as Andre Hall is a JUCO and will be a senior next year, for TJ to play for us next year as a freshmen would be big, so we can develope him to take over after Hall's departure.  From what I have seen of Hall this year, TJ (whom I watched quite a bit at Booker) is a very similar RB to Hall, and would have an opportunity to be every bit as good.

He's not the same back as Hall.  TJ is faster, and very good at making tacklers miss, not as adapt at breaking tackles as Hall.  Think Warrick Dunn when you talk about TJ's play, he's a scat back, very elusive, cat like quick, with tremendous open field speed.  Hall's more of a between the tackles runner, good but not great speed, excellent at breaking tackles, great vision to find the open seam, and a good burst when he hits the hole.  

If I look at our current crop of running backs the one that has game much like Hall is Andre Copeland.  He's a squatty powerful back, good vision, excellent in traffic, good burst, and an ability to get tough yards but also has enough speed to hit long runs.  Ponton is also quite similar.  Whereas TJ will be your change of pace type back, the guy that can flare out in the flat, and break one for 80 yards!

It's good to have both types on your team, especially in college.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Good breakdown on TJ, I watched him a lot here in Sarasota, while playing at Booker.  So you can see why I am wondering if he will ever put on a Bull Uniform.  I havent heard any news since August.

Anyone have any updates on TJ?