• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gov. Pataki dons Red Sox jersey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  0

New York Gov. George Pataki, left, dons a Boston Red Sox jersey to settle a bet with Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, right, at a hotel in New York Friday, Oct. 22, 2004. Because the New York Yankees lost to the Boston Red Sox in the American League Championship Series, Pataki agreed to wear the jersey to a public function.

NYGB101102209_lower.jpg

NYGB103102209_lower.jpg

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

lol... i wish George and John Henry made that bet  ;D

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I hate these stupid "bets" politicians do whenever there is some major sporting event going on, its just a reason for them to get free publicity.  

Guest AstroBull

From the Boston Sports Guy

My only pet peeve about having a Boston team in the Finals: When the Boston mayor makes the stupid bet with the other team's mayor. Drives me crazy.

For instance, before the World Series, Mayor Menino of Boston wagered a bunch of Boston beer and food products (Legal Seafood's clam chowder, a case of Sam Adams beer, 11 pounds of Dunkin Donuts coffee and a bunch of other Boston-related stuff in exchange for Anheuser-Busch Products, Toasted Ravioli, Bissinger Chocolate and some other St. Louis goodies from Mayor Clark Griswold.

That's a bet? Those are high stakes? Oh, no, we lost ... darn, we're never gonna replace all that clam chowder; I never should have let him sucker me into that. Please. I hate this stuff. Just one of these times, I want one of the mayors to throw something out there like, "If you guys win, I'll sleep with a tranvestite ... if we win, you have to try heroin and speed at the same time." Now THAT would get people talking.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

LOL, me and this guy are on the same wavelengh.  If those were the stakes, I would be all for these stupid political bets.