• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

my first post...

mikebeau

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

From my new Bb storm.

Not bad

Bulls pen isn't that great on bb browser

• Content Count:  7,890

as a whole how is the BB Storm? I am thinking of getting it or the G phone

I think it is great.  If you do your research there have been quite a few complaints.  Some of them are probably warranted

The reasons

1)  VZW probably withheld stock of the Storm to create a false demand

2)  The software was not ready

3)  People like to complain

There are pros and cons to the Storm

Pros-  The screen quality is great.  The camera quality is too.  The build is very solid.  You can type in landscape mode(cannot on iphone). This is especially helpfull for fat fingers.  Also, in portrait mode the SureType(see BB Pearl)  is surprisingly accurate for one handed typing.  The surepress screen is also nice.

Cons-  Sometimes reaching across the screen(imagine using your right hand to hit a key your left hand would normally type on a keyboard) results in the wrong key. The edges of the screen dont always react to the button pressing.  The accelerometer(thingy that makes screen go from landscape to portrait and back) had some lag(supposedly fixed with new OS update).  You cannot speed scroll.  Imagine swiping your finger down the screen really fast and the screen scrolls really fast.  it only scrolls as you push it with your finger.  This kind of sucks for scrolling though contacts.

That is about all for me.  I would say that most of the "problems"  are just not being used to a new type of technology.  People are not used to pressing in a screen.  Once you get the hang of it it is very easy. Also keep in mind it is the first version.  These are problems that are to be expected as an early adopter.  The Browser is pretty nice.  Once you get the hang of the keyboard it is awesome.  Not a replacement for a physical keyboard though IMO if you are super fast on the typing.  The OS update seemed to have sped up the accelerometer and made the overall operation faster.

Overall very nice. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

are there any newer pictures of jen

are there any newer pictures of jen

not worth it.  i would rather get pictures of some new hotts that actually go to USF and throw them up here

smazza, what BB are you posting with?

• Content Count:  382

I am typing in landscape mode right now on my iPhone 3g.  Nothing even comes close to this thing. Camera sucks but that's what a nikon is for.

I am typing in landscape mode right now on my iPhone 3g.  Nothing even comes close to this thing. Camera sucks but that's what a nikon is for.

did they update software?  ive always liked blackberries.  Email is the fastest.  i get emails on my bb before i do on my comp. 

• Content Count:  382

You can type in landscape on web pages but apple still won't let you do it for texting or email. You can do it for email though with a free download from the application  store. iPhone gets my email before my computer too.  I have had this thing for almost 6 months and it still amazes me everyday. Smart phones are the coolest.

Apple definitely set the bar pretty high. The storm is the first real competition in that rim put a feature on here with the sure press that hasn't been seen yet.

Archived