• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has coach J.L. lost interest in USF??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Let's see, MG was also a nobody Freshman on a nothing team when he took his first snaps.  There was no tape and no information on him, or the Bulls to speak of.  Then he ran out of trouble.  Hit passes our former QB did not, and we moved up the rankings.

MG was God, He did no wrong, He had the Grohawk, hair style only surpassed by his coach CJL of Levittown fame.  Kids slept days in the rain and cold for an opportunity to watch him play, to  see CJL, the mastermind, the man wonder of gridiron strategery play out their weekly act, a trilogy in four parts.

there's only one problem with what you've written-- this all occurred BEFORE our annual mid-season meltdown.. yes, ANNUAL (as in, EVERY YEAR).  Grothe/CJL look good (real good) the 1st 6 games of all seasons.. but when conference play starts up, we tank.  beating auburn means nothing if we lose to rutgers, cincy, and uconn the following weeks later.  beating Kansas means nothing if we lose to pitt, cincy, louisville, and rutgers

i think Matt takes too much of the brunt of the blame.  he's got the talent and the skills, he just hasnt been developed.  it's all about coaching.  believe that.

Archived