• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

March Madness/Bowl Mania-I want that feeling back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

A few short years ago, many of you can remember the excitement surrounding the end of the 2005 football season--becoming bowl eligible, the speculations as to where we'd end up, the eventual MCC Bowl bid, the anticipation, the eventual trip to Charlotte and the great time had there at USF's first ever bowl game.

Recently, I began the process of reliving that same excitement all over again. My undergraduate alma mater, UMBC, won the America East conference championship and punched its ticket to our first ever NCAA Tournament. When the dust settled, we ended up in nearby Raleigh and I'm headed over on Friday for the game. I'd say the feeling is indescribable, if I weren't already familiar with it from before.

I'm obviously looking forward to Friday's game and being there, win or lose, to support my Dawgs. But I also long for the day when I can feel this way once again for the Bulls.

Archived