• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In 2008, we need to be a lot more prepared!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  148
  • Days Won:  0

While we can crucify or praise CJL & Gregory all we want, the bottom line is in the two most important games this year, we were not AT ALL prepared.  I'm sure there will be some dispute on this, and let me preface this with there were obvioulsy other games (Auburn & WVU) which were important, and we did show up prepared, but in retrospect in two key games (@ Rutgers & the Sun Bowl) we showed up very unprepared and gave up considerable yardage on the ground.  Good teams may lose, but they arrive prepared for almost anything and make serious adjustments at halftime and usually the scoring doesn't end up out of hand.  253 yards for Stewart/ 512 total yards for UO?  I know a 14 points came from 2 interceptions returned, but seriously, I bet KU next year cans the passing game commits to the run against us and makes it a good game.  Our speedy defense is great at nutriliziing the the spread-out passing game, but we've telegraphed to the world how to beat us.  I know that Oregon through out some odd formations & misdirections, and Stewart is probably a little underrated, but still, Rush defense, NEEDS to be addressed!! Speed is great, but every team that beat us neutrilized it and was successful on offense.  We got "MOVED" off the ball on Monday, and I don't think anyone can say Oregon is a 35 point better team than us.  I'm not advocating losing the speed at the skill positions on D,  but some of those gaps this year you could drive a truck through because our D-line has been so outwieghed, especially against teams like Rutgers that ran it right at us, and why not bring bring pash rushers in on just 3rd down? 

I've posted this before, and there have been some really good arguments against it, but hopefully we can recruit some size in our interior D-Line and some DEPTH, we need it, teams that play us that commit to the run, used to have just a "chance," now they handle us and wear us down.  I'm really not ready to crucify CJL or Gregory just yet because, in 3 of our 4 losses, rushing on us was really the main reason we lost. 

Can anyone think of a bigger weakness we have than that?  I can't!!

Archived