• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

to heat

riley loves his superstars

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

poor Rudy, no shaq, Kobe might be a clipper or nugget, or in jail.

His best player is Luke

and caron butler

Shaquille O'Neal would be happy to be traded to the Miami Heat. That word came Saturday from O'Neal's agent, Perry Rogers, who told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that O'Neal has given his blessing to a deal that would send him to Miami.

"We've said that we would agree to a trade," Rogers said in a story posted Saturday night on the newspaper's Web site. "I think that's going to happen. I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen."

The deal, expected to include Lamar Odom, Caron Butler and Brian Grant going to Los Angeles, cannot be completed until Wednesday when a two-week leaguewide moratorium on trades and free agent signings expires.

"It's very serious. I think it's very close to getting done," said Grant's agent, Mark Bartelstein.

Greeted by reporters as he was leaving a gym near his Orlando mansion, O'Neal said he had not yet met with Heat president Pat Riley and declined to comment on a possible trade.

"I can't say anything about that today," said O'Neal, flashing a big smile.

But ESPN and the Sun-Sentinel reported that O'Neal joined his representatives for a three-hour meeting that included Riley and Heat general manager Randy Pfund.

O'Neal's contract runs for two more seasons with a combined salary of almost $59 million, and he was angered earlier this season when the Lakers refused to offer him an extension.

Rogers said the Heat had not discussed a new contract with O'Neal.

"No extension was agreed upon. That was never a condition for Shaquille," Rogers said. "He wanted to go to an environment that was a team environment. We feel confident that that's what Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison have created as a culture. This is the type of place that Shaquille would love to finish his career."

In Los Angeles, the formal announcement of Rudy Tomjanovich's hiring as the Lakers' new coach was partially overshadowed by the O'Neal trade talk and Kobe Bryant's free agency.

Bryant is free to sign with any NBA team as of July 14, and reports in Los Angeles have said he is giving serious consideration to signing with the Clippers. A trade of O'Neal, combined with coach Phil Jackson's departure, would appear to indicate the Lakers are doing all they can to placate Bryant in the hopes that he'll re-sign.

When O'Neal declared that he wanted out of Los Angeles just days after the Lakers lost the NBA finals to Detroit, he listed Miami as one of his preferred destinations.

Riley and Pfund did not attend the Heat's summer league game in Orlando on Saturday as they had done all week. A Heat spokesman said the team could not comment, because O'Neal was under contract with the Lakers.

Tomjanovich said he spoke with O'Neal, but declined to divulge any details. "I just hope all those things turn out well," he said.

Los Angeles general manager Mitch Kupchak said there was nothing new to report on O'Neal.

"I don't know how this is going to play out, I really don't," he said. "When there is something to report, we'll report it."

Kupchak said that he had not spoken with O'Neal or his representatives, but added: "Shaquille has a unique way of letting me know information I should know."

Last year, O'Neal averaged a career-low 21.5 points with 11.5 rebounds and 2.48 blocks.

O'Neal began his NBA career with Orlando, leading the Magic to the NBA Finals in 1995. He signed with the Lakers as a free agent after the 1995-96 season and won three NBA titles in Los Angeles, though he has maintained a residence in South Florida.

In 12 seasons, he has averaged 27.1 points, 12.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks.

i wonder how many more years shaq is going to play.  He was thinking about retiring after the 3 peat.

I say 2 years in miami, then he'll retire... he'll get bored out there beating up on Eastern centers (Yikes)

miami will be giving him an extension before next year

both him and his wife need the money

haha... yeah they need money like i need insurance for my lamborghini.

VG-  shaq spends nad blows enourmous amounts of money.this guy might end up broke one day ala tyson

anyone that has 30 cars will one day be broke if they don't have a steady stream of income and athletes never do

i don't care how much he spends... if he makes less, he needs to adjust, sell some of those cars etc.

I'm never gonna feel financially for someone that has 1 zillion times more than me and my family.

Thats like that commercial where the football player takes up baseball and when asked "why baseball?" he says "because burgerworld wasn't taken applications, what do you think... money, 12 million a year just doesn't go as far as it used to!" and the reporter said "it doesn't?" and he said "No, not when you have 12 cars, 6 mansions and 12 kids"  or something to that effect.

If he ends up broke one day, its HIS fault for spending too much.  He doesn't deserve MORE money or need more money... he needs self control and financial planning.

End of Rant (a la MikeG)  ;)

vg-what you say is absolutely true