• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is the BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP!!! >:(

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

I have a very similar complaint against the "Bulls Ring" restaurant on Fowler.  They have bulls stuff on display right when you walk in (in addition to the Bucs stuff, sadly), but other than that you wouldnt be able to tell it had anything to do with USF. It's almost like too many businesses are afraid to really be ALL FOR USF. Thats fine -- I will not be going back to Bulls Heaven OR Bulls Ring. If they want to be 'watered down' supporters, then I will be just that kind of customer too.

My thoughts on the matter - yeah, business is business and (sniff sniff) if they dont sell UF championship stuff their family will starve and they will have to move, etc etc. Let me shed some tears. Heres the other side of business -- dont p!ss off your primary customer base.  If this so-called great USF supporter knew anything about the fanbase, he would know how the diehards would take such a move. The beauty of capitalism: the consumers ultimately decide what they will and will not stand for.  Bulls Heaven must ask themself...have they gained MORE customers by advertising UF stuff or have they LOST more customers by doing so?

How many diehards are you speaking for?

I doubt that the people on this site make up much of their primary customer base.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I myself shopped there last month because I wanted a USF ornament...we didnt have them and the bookstore was pricey...

So, if you never shop there again they really don't stand to lose much bidness.  

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

I have a very similar complaint against the "Bulls Ring" restaurant on Fowler.  They have bulls stuff on display right when you walk in (in addition to the Bucs stuff, sadly), but other than that you wouldnt be able to tell it had anything to do with USF. It's almost like too many businesses are afraid to really be ALL FOR USF. Thats fine -- I will not be going back to Bulls Heaven OR Bulls Ring. If they want to be 'watered down' supporters, then I will be just that kind of customer too.

My thoughts on the matter - yeah, business is business and (sniff sniff) if they dont sell UF championship stuff their family will starve and they will have to move, etc etc. Let me shed some tears. Heres the other side of business -- dont p!ss off your primary customer base.  If this so-called great USF supporter knew anything about the fanbase, he would know how the diehards would take such a move. The beauty of capitalism: the consumers ultimately decide what they will and will not stand for.  Bulls Heaven must ask themself...have they gained MORE customers by advertising UF stuff or have they LOST more customers by doing so?

How many diehards are you speaking for?

I doubt that the people on this site make up much of their primary customer base.

I would return the question: How many people on this site are you speaking for?

Ultimately I only speak for myself, and I let my wallet do the talking. But.. I dont think its unreasonable to think that diehard USF fans would feel slighted by one of the few 'Bulls' places IN TAMPA (for crying out loud) to 'sell out' to UF. I'll tell ya what -- you keep shopping there.

Supply and demand -- If USF fans accept mediocrity then thats what they'll get. Demand loyal USF businesses and thats what you'll get.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

For those of you defending it. You cant. I walked into the store a few weeks ago for a bowl game shirt and they had a board out front saying they would be selling UF stuff. I looked around but didnt purchase anything, mainly because of the ad.

It's dissapointing when even the local stores that are "dedicated" to selling the home teams stuff sells out like that. Would a Hurricanes Heaven or Seminoles heaven sell Gators stuff? Would a Knights Heaven (or hell) sell Bulls stuff?

THIS IS AMERICA

IT GATOR GEAR SELLS THAN YOU SELL IT

I only speak for myself.

Out of curiosity, how much did you spend at Bulls Heaven during the past year?

Around $200. A drop in the bucket.

But you know, if its not that much money then i 'reckon they aint got nothing to worry about by selling gators stuff.

ie, they wont miss me as a customer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

As much as I hate the Gators, I really think this is much ado about nothing. First of all, it's a special event type of deal. If they regularly started carrying Gator stuff then I might see the point. The place is still primarily a Bucs store and I'd venture a guess that the majority of Bucs fans are Gator fans, so they ARE catering to their primary fan base. I agree with thise that said that it really doesn't matter what kind of a place it is, if it carries Bulls stuff that I like, I'll buy it there... Plus, considering the owner is a USF grad and booster, there's no way I'd boycott it for something as silly as this.

Here's a dose of reality, there is no business in the area, off campus, that can survive catering ONLY to Bulls fans, at this time. I'm not sure why the big gripe about the Bull Ring. I think it's pretty cool to walk in and the first thing you see is a display case full of Bulls stuff. There were posters around playing up themj as the home of the coaches' radio shows and most the waitresses were wearing some type of Bulls shirt... Some people appear to be too sensitive, IMO.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12

I had people wearing Gator gear sitting around me in the student section at 3 different home games this year.  I do my best to get on them and we all need to let them know that it is unacceptable and we arent going to tolearate it especially in the student section.

As much as I hate the Gators, I really think this is much ado about nothing. First of all, it's a special event type of deal. If they regularly started carrying Gator stuff then I might see the point. The place is still primarily a Bucs store and I'd venture a guess that the majority of Bucs fans are Gator fans, so they ARE catering to their primary fan base. I agree with thise that said that it really doesn't matter what kind of a place it is, if it carries Bulls stuff that I like, I'll buy it there... Plus, considering the owner is a USF grad and booster, there's no way I'd boycott it for something as silly as this.

Here's a dose of reality, there is no business in the area, off campus, that can survive catering ONLY to Bulls fans, at this time. I'm not sure why the big gripe about the Bull Ring. I think it's pretty cool to walk in and the first thing you see is a display case full of Bulls stuff. There were posters around playing up themj as the home of the coaches' radio shows and most the waitresses were wearing some type of Bulls shirt... Some people appear to be too sensitive, IMO.

So you think its unreasonable for a USF fan to choose not to support a company that supports USF's competitor?

If Coke is having a hard time making enough $ selling its product, does it sell Pepsi?

Bucs stuff is fine -- not a competitor of USF.   UF stuff is NOT fine.  If this guy is truly an alumnus and a booster, all I can say is 'wow'.

Where's Sheriff?