• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Hockey/ Lightning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

Alabama- Huntsville was beating Army 2-1 with 9 minutes in the 3rd when we left.

USF won 9-1 :)!!!!!

Nov 1st tickets still avaliable-- retail 60.75 selling 10 each- buy 5 get one free!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nov 1st tickets still avaliable-- retail 60.75 selling 10 each- buy 5 get one free!

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

As much as I would love for us to add hockey, it won't happen.  Hockey is a very expensive sport to put on.  I feel for the Ice Bulls because I know they finance it themselves for the most part.  Hockey players are some pretty good people though as well.

Plus the travel costs would get us, more so than the rest of the BIG EAST already does.  Hockey schools are in some pretty remote areas ie. Orono, ME.   We also would have no natural conference to play in.  Hockey East, which is where some of the BIG EAST schools play won't take us for sure.

Anyway, hope next year they have something like UW, UofM, BC and Alabama Huntsville (they'll be in it every year because of their role as the host institution for the NCAA Frozen Four).

Eric

maybe down the road when other schools start making the D1 jump (a couple schools in GA want too) it could happen.

Hockey is an expensive sports, for us to play at the club level in the ACHA including travel (just hotel and bus-- no flights) it comes out to about 85K this year, just to give you an idea.