• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

defense lots of questions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Three games, 3-0, improvement in each game.  Isn't that what we all asked for?

The competition has gotten better each week and the BULLSD have met the challenge.  I agree it's closer than I would like, but 3 - 0 !!!!!

Exactly where we should be.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

what is up with the secondary?

do we need to rename  them toasty?

top 10 in the country i think not! :-/

What the heck are you talking about?

They gave up one play. Walker was a tough assignment. Big kid, with good wheels and a senior. This kid had offers to play at Miami back when they were good, but wanted to stay close to home in Orlando.

Jenkins and Williams had a heck of game.

The safeties were caught out of position in the first half b/c UCF had their running game going and had our safeties biting on the play action. After halftime, USF made the right adjustments and things got better.

I would be more concerned about our beat up DL, if you want to b!tch about something.

usf hasnt played anyone good

steve l made some great points

usf should have dominated all 3 teams with our corners shutting down opposing wideouts

instead usf sweated each game out

So it's the defense's fault the offense didn't put points on the board in those games? They have given up ONLY 2 TOUCHDOWNS! What more could you want out of them? If anything, our concern should be our terrible kicking game.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

what is up with the secondary?

do we need to rename  them toasty?

top 10 in the country i think not! :-/

What the heck are you talking about?

They gave up one play. Walker was a tough assignment. Big kid, with good wheels and a senior. This kid had offers to play at Miami back when they were good, but wanted to stay close to home in Orlando.

Jenkins and Williams had a heck of game.

The safeties were caught out of position in the first half b/c UCF had their running game going and had our safeties biting on the play action. After halftime, USF made the right adjustments and things got better.

I would be more concerned about our beat up DL, if you want to b!tch about something.

usf hasnt played anyone good

steve l made some great points

usf should have dominated all 3 teams with our corners shutting down opposing wideouts

instead usf sweated each game out

So it's the defense's fault the offense didn't put points on the board in those games? They have given up ONLY 2 TOUCHDOWNS! What more could you want out of them? If anything, our concern should be our terrible kicking game.

There were many instances where the defense was out of position but UCF didnt take advantage of it.  Better teams wont under/overthrow wide open recievers.  The problems need to be fixed i dont see whats so wrong about saying that.  Its not being negative its wanting your team to play at a high level so when the bigs boys come knocking we can beat them too.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  78

NO.  the defense has not allowed any points in the second half, not that i can recall. ucf is the first team to score in the second half against the bulls. But that was not against the D. Speacial teams could not punt the ball away which led to the ucf td. IMO the D plays better in the second half, but they still look a little vulnerable. they use the 1st half as an adjustment phase to the other team's Offense, which is a scary thing to do-you could end up behind fast.