• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Loss for USF....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Stacey Heintz Resigns As USF Softball Associate Head Coach  

Courtesy: USF

Release: 08/24/2006

Courtesy: USF

TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 24, 2006) – After spending 10 seasons with the University of South Florida softball program, Associate Head Coach Stacey Heintz has resigned from her position, effective Sept. 1.

“It is with extreme sadness that I must resign from my position with the USF softball team,†Heintz said. “I have loved my time at USF but have made this decision in the best interest of my family so my husband and I can be together and watch our son grow.  I have been very fortunate over 10 years to be able to work with so many great people and a terrific group of young women on the USF softball team. I especially thank Ken Eriksen for giving me this opportunity, being a great boss and a true friend.  My experience here has been extremely rewarding.â€Â

“I really cannot express how key Stacey has been in our ascent in the collegiate softball ranks,†head coach Ken Eriksen said. “From day one in the fall of 1996 until now, she has epitomized exactly what a loyal, competent assistant should be, and so much so that I had no problem in recommending her to be considered Associate Head Coach. More than any of our successes on the field, it has been a pleasure working with someone I deem as one of my closest friends. I wish her, Chris and their son Ethan good luck in all of their future business endeavors and I also look forward to Stacey’s continued advice. USF Softball has become better because of her.â€Â

“Stacey Heintz has been an integral part of the USF softball program and our athletic family for the past 10 years,†said Barbara Sparks-McGlinchy, senior associate athletic director. “She is an excellent coach and a dedicated worker. “She has served as a role model and provided leadership to many young women who have played for a very successful softball team here at USF. We will miss her but we appreciate the fact that she is leaving for family reasons.â€Â

Heintz is married to former USF baseball standout Chris Heintz, who currently plays with the Minnesota Twins organization. They have a son, Ethan Christopher, who was born on Sept. 3, 2005.

The first hire for Eriksen when he was promoted to head coach in 1996, she was an assistant coach for six years before being promoted to associate head coach in 2003.

Coming from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst where she spent two seasons as an assistant coach, Heintz has helped lead the Bulls to nine winning seasons, seven NCAA Regional appearances, including a trip to the Super Regional in 2006.

In 2004, Heintz took over an even greater role in coaching the Bulls, as Eriksen was an assistant coach for the USA Olympic Team. She helped lead USF to a 60-14 record, setting a new career-high in victories for the program while leading the team to the NCAA Tournament for the second-consecutive year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

Tell me her kid isn't going to be a stud baseball player with that backround.