• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bonds Cheats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

BENCHED. IN THE LOCKER ROOM SHOOTING UP JUICE.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

home run

and he never failed a drug test

yeah very strict testing b4

THEY ARE STILL TESTING NOW

NY METS FEARED BONDS LAST NIGHT

WHAT A WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cain busts out with a big performance

Michelle Smith, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

view chart

Printable Version

Email This Article

Baseball (AL/NL)

NFL

College Football

Tennis

Golf

NHL

NBA

WNBA

College Hoops (M)

College Hoops (W)

Soccer (M)

Auto Racing

Boxing

Horse Racing

In his last two starts, Matt Cain toiled on the mound and waited for help from the Giants' offense.

Moises Alou gave the rookie all the assistance he needed Monday night and Cain ended up with his first win of the season, pitching seven strong innings in San Francisco's series-opening 6-2 victory over the New York Mets at AT&T Park.

Alou staked Cain to a 3-0 lead with a first-inning home run and secured the victory late with a two-run single in the seventh inning, both hits coming after intentional walks to Barry Bonds.

"I came here because I liked the fact that I would be getting a lot of RBI opportunities and I'm getting them," said Moises Alou, who was 3-for-4 with five RBIs. "I feel sorry for Barry. The guy comes here to play a game and he doesn't get to play."

The damage done by Alou may not convince more managers to pitch to Bonds, who walked three times in four trips to the plate Monday night, but it was absolutely beneficial to Cain, who allowed five hits in seven innings and didn't walk a batter for the first time in four outings this season. The Giants had scored a combined three runs in Cain's last two starts, both losses for the 21-year-old.

Cain (1-2) out dueled potential Hall of Famer Tom Glavine, creating a buzz in the ballpark with five perfect innings to start the game. He mowed through the Mets' lineup without surrendering a baserunner, throwing 58 pitches, 40 of them strikes.

"I kept it together,'' Cain said. "Before I was getting behind in the count, but the difference tonight was I was getting strike one a lot. Mike (Matheny) and I are both going to build on this. We established the strike zone early."

Cain gave up his first hit when Kazuo Matsui singled between second base and shortstop Omar Vizquel to lead off the sixth inning. The Mets scored both of their runs in that inning, Jose Reyes bringing Matsui home on an infield single and Reyes scoring on a two-out single up the middle by Paul LoDuca to close the gap to 3-2. Randy Winn prevented further damage, hustling to deep left-center field to haul in a Carlos Delgado fly ball with a leaping catch against the wall to end the inning.

Alou got the Giants on the board by driving a Glavine fastball deep into the left-field seats in the first inning after Mets manager Willie Randolph opted to walk Bonds with two outs and Vizquel on first base. Glavine initially pitched to Bonds, but after delivering three straight balls, Randolph called for the intentional pass.

In the seventh, Randolph again chose to put Bonds on base rather than allow him to hit with runners on first and third and one out. Randolph replaced Glavine with Aaron Heilman, who sent Bonds to first. Alou then banged a ball up the middle to push the Giants' lead to 6-2.

The Giants may not like that no one wants to pitch to Bonds, but they are taking good advantage, scoring 18 runs following the 11 intentional walks Bonds has drawn this season, a total of 29 runs behind his overall tally of 23 walks.

The day after Bonds said he did not think his body would hold up long enough to catch Hank Aaron for the all-time home-run record, he was no closer to doing it, going 0-for-1 with three walks before giving way to Steve Finley in the ninth.

"We always have big rallies when they walk (Bonds), even before Mo was here,'' manager Felipe Alou said. "The only thing is, the guy wants to hit a few home runs."

Bonds opted not to talk to the media after the game after chatting before the game about Sunday's remarks, saying he has never felt as if he's chasing Aaron to begin with and that his only motivation is to win a World Series ring.

Lance Niekro added a pair of hits for the Giants, including an RBI single to start the seventh-inning rally, while Todd Worrell and Scott Munter each worked an inning of scoreless relief after Sunday's bullpen workout following the early ejection of Matt Morris in Colorado.

he will retire b4 the record. show some honor. go away quietly.

that record is his

honor?

he has carried himself with the dignity of a king

bonds will continue to hit homers 400 feet or more until after he passes aaron