• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wikipedia Article Speculates about USF Rivals...

Guest bullistic930

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

to say that there is no rivaly between USF and UCF then you just do not have your finger on the pulse of the students.

You said it.  This is the game that will get a few of the fence sitters excited.  Now they'd certainly get more excited if it was Florida or FSU, but it isn't.  

Technically those schools aren't our rivals either, but the game would have more meaning to the typical student (or alum).  Part of it is because they are good football programs, but there is a familiarity component as well.  Like it or not prior to USF there were 4 D1A football programs in this state -- FSU, Miami, Florida and UCF.  That means something even if UCF isn't at the other three programs levels.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

did you go to any home games this past season?

I went to every one but the cincy game.  I always sit in the student section.  The UCF game was the highest attendance of students (in large part to the number of students who purchased companion tickets for their UCF friends) but ALL the games had a ton of students.

to say that there is no rivaly between USF and UCF then you just do not have your finger on the pulse of the students.

sure, we are a better program than they are and in much less time, but we will still be rivals.  get use to it.

I'm guessing not, but he probably heard from his friend who has a brother that went and claims that attendence was next to non-existant.  We know how truthful that is.. ::)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Nope, buttercup, I've got something you don't have - some sense.  I'm simply asking for some facts here, isn't that what you always want? :P

Visually you could certainly tell, but I imagine somebody at USF has the final numbers.   It would just take tracking down the right hombre.

Visual comparison has no wieght when you are talking about comparing things that happen weeks apart.  I agree that somebody should be able to tell us how many students attend each game.  I would love to see a history of it, I'll bet that the BGSU game had the highest.

Visual comparison has no wieght when you are talking about comparing things that happen weeks apart.  I agree that somebody should be able to tell us how many students attend each game.  I would love to see a history of it, I'll bet that the BGSU game had the highest.

I'll stand by the theory that the UCF game had the highest student attendance.  I challenge anyone to prove that one wrong.  Bring all evidence on.  

You haven't taken a logic class before, have you?  It isn't a fact unless you can prove it.  Until then, it a hypothesis, a fancy word for an opinion.  Prove it.

You haven't taken a logic class before, have you?  It isn't a fact unless you can prove it.  Until then, it a hypothesis, a fancy word for an opinion.  Prove it.

The hypothesis has more supporting evidence.  I could logically look at that Pittsburgh Thanksgiving game and rationally assume that there was a low student turnout.  No jump there.

I think everybody that attended that game felt the student attendance was great and folks were engaged.  That may be hearsay (message board, newspaper, etc), but it is the overwhelming theory with most folks outside of you.   Your theory is it wasn't the highest student attendance in 2005.  Until you prove it wrong I think the bulk of us have to assume it was.  There is no overwhelming evidence saying otherwise.

Note:  I wasn't at WVU, but that was reported as another great student attended game as well.

No, I have no theory about student attendance at the UCF game.  I just keep asking someone to provide me facts to support their opinions, but nobody can.  You keep claiming it is a fact, but can't prove it,  Ergo, it isn't a fact.  Why can't you just quit spinning it in a sad attempt to justify your desire for a rivalry with UCF?  Do you really need to make up your own facts to justify your opinions?  That's pretty sad...

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

It really is an assumption since there are no concrete numbers.  What I think he means is that the "electricity" was more apparent then than at the other games.

Got a metric for that assertion? ;)