• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Power Sound of the South vs. Herd of Thunder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope HOT learns not to play when the offense is in the huddle and and at the worst possible times.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope HOT learns not to play when the offense is in the huddle and and at the worst possible times.

The HOT has songs for each First, Second, Third, and Fourth Down... so that is why they play when USF is in the huddle.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Our football team is not favored yet we are all hoping for and expecting a win.

Maybe our band is not favored, but let's all fall in step and pull for them too.

Well said.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

All well said...

And next time you talk to the 5th bass... tell him to hit that cow bell just a little harder....

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Well, what details would need to be improved to make us the best of the best?  Trust me... I know we arnt the best out there... but I think we are doing a **** good job!  The music is much better and the marching is getting better.  We have improved leaps and bounds in the stands, 100% better than EVER before.

The program is being run very well by a very dedicated staff and officers.  We are working are butts off here!  So please tell us what EXACTLY we could improve upon!

(I'm serious... I want harsh details... Good and bad)

1. Intonation x 3

2. Spacing

3. Volume/Sound..... (see #1, how about that?) (it's not the size.)  

4. Uniforms.  Glad they are getting new ones, I hated, HATED, the old ones.  

HOT looks and sounds a million times better this year as compare to last year but not as good at 2000  :P.  And what's Buckmaster doing in there?!  Tell him I said to 'F' off.  Ok, well, just kidding, I'll let him that.   ;)

I look forward to seeing you all in NC.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

H.O.T. has made tremendous improvement!!!  They are way better than the Bohemian Rhapsody days!!!  Keep up the good work guys!  We'll see you in Charlotte!  GO BULLS!!! ;D

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

1. Intonation x 3 --------> REALLY AGREE, could be better

2. Spacing -----> seating in the stands?  what ya talking about?

3. Volume/Sound..... (see #1, how about that?) (it's not the size.)  -----------> same as 1

4. Uniforms.  Glad they are getting new ones, I hated, HATED, the old ones. ----------> finally getting new ones... thank god

Not to bad... I have to agree with most of that.  Our intonation needs work... therefore making our sounds and volume really good.  Gotta have the right logo!  New uniforms were a must 3 years ago!

Gezzz hating on Mr B... you know he posts on this site!

Thanks for your input...

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

1. Intonation x 3 --------> REALLY AGREE, could be better

2. Spacing -----> seating in the stands?  what ya talking about?

3. Volume/Sound..... (see #1, how about that?) (it's not the size.)  -----------> same as 1

4. Uniforms.  Glad they are getting new ones, I hated, HATED, the old ones. ----------> finally getting new ones... thank god

Not to bad... I have to agree with most of that.  Our intonation needs work... therefore making our sounds and volume really good.  Gotta have the right logo!  New uniforms were a must 3 years ago!

Gezzz hating on Mr B... you know he posts on this site!

Thanks for your input...

He does?  What's his username on here?  

Seems like a lot of HOT people are on here now.  Where did all of that come from?

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

He does?  What's his username on here?  

Seems like a lot of HOT people are on here now.  Where did all of that come from?

LMAO....His S/N is HOTMr_B....LMAO!

I do agree with you about your feedback.  Next year I hope to be apart of student leadership for the duration of my H.O.T. tenure as a student to help make H.O.T. the best **** college marching band in the South while having fun (milk and cookie parties included) at the same time!!!

My feelings about the staff that is with us right now is by far some of the best people in the marching activity dedicated to USF and H.O.T..  Wait in a couple of years and see our progress compared to today.  I get goosebumps just thinking about playing for 50,000+ each game and, my God, the tailgate and standstill show before pre-game is by far the most fun I have at any game!!!

Sincerely,

Herd of Thunder Marching Band 2005, Mellophone

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Not a music guy (well, in this context) but I think the important thing for during the game to me is not playing after the huddle when the offense is potentially communicating at the line.  I think for the most part the music stops at the appropriate times.  As long as that happens I'm content especially since the fans need that cues to be quiet as well.  I think some fans are worse than anything else at being loud at times when the offense is getting ready to snap the ball.  

However, I went to an FSU game this year and surprisingly a great many fans cheered at inappropriate times when the offense had the ball, and they have a very established football program, of course.  I think part of the reason was the band played too long at times during offense.

Hopefully, the HOT can help keep our fans into the game and doing the appropriate cheering at the right times.  Keep up the good work and apparent progress.