• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Chris Simms play for USF? Get a Paul Hackett!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

if chris simms were black, right handed, and had the #3, then he would be USF's qb... 3 years in a system, same kind of results as it was in the 1st year.. but with that being said, can we possibly sign the collegiate version of Paul Hackett as a QB coach?  we all dont like Rod Smith, but i was watching NFL films on ESPN and they had a special on Steve Deberg.. based on his knowledge, i think he'd be a great QB coach for the bulls, playing behind greats such as montana, steve young, john elway, and even roger staubach [sp?].. i read somewhere that he is the QB coach for the storm, but i bet if USF offered him a spot, i bet he'd take it in a heartbeat.. anyone opposed?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

deberg knows football

but again leavitt would feel threatened

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

but again leavitt would feel threatened

good point.. forgot the whole "must be one of CJL's croonies" prerequisite for USF football employment

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

About six to eight months ago I suggested Steve Deberg be considered for the QB coach.  He lives in Tampa and I assume is availble.  My understanding is that he is bright and really knew the QB position.  I'm still for his consideration.