• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays fans... 2 websites...thoughts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.oustnaimoli.com

http://www.vincemustgo.com

from boston.com:

'There are a pair of new web sites out there hoping to oust Devil Rays owner Vince Naimoli from his status as owner of the Tampa franchise. “It’s time to give the Devil Rays back to the fans,” is says on vincemustgo.com. The ultimate question here is, do they really want it? On oustnaimoli.com, it says, “We have created this site to give a voice to the many true Devil Rays fans who are out there that are tired of Naimoli’s stingy ways.”'

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

The devil rays are a laugingstock. Vince is a moron. Lamar is a moron and it shocks me that Lou is still here. I have a lot of respect for Lou and would like to see him move to a better gig.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

Vince should go.  Bringing in Stu Sternberg would at least allow the Rays to compete with the yankees and red sox.  It is not Lamar's fault at all, there is no GM out there that can put together a winning team in this division with the payroll he has to use.  Last year Lamar put together a Rays team that went a game under .500 against everyone except for the yankees and red sox.  Against the yankees and red sox they went some ridiculous 9-20 or something like that.  If ownership would just give Lou what he wanted, the Rays would not be nearly as bad.  Once again, Vince must go.  and the Trop should be in Tampa.

Vince should go.  Bringing in Stu Sternberg would at least allow the Rays to compete with the yankees and red sox.  It is not Lamar's fault at all, there is no GM out there that can put together a winning team in this division with the payroll he has to use.  Last year Lamar put together a Rays team that went a game under .500 against everyone except for the yankees and red sox.  Against the yankees and red sox they went some ridiculous 9-20 or something like that.  If ownership would just give Lou what he wanted, the Rays would not be nearly as bad.  Once again, Vince must go.  and the Trop should be in Tampa.

Lamar changed the strategy of the team every year for the first what 6 years. Was going to build with youth, then go to veterans, then go to the hit show, then go to...Blah Blah Blah. The Rays spent money but the guys he signed and traded for were horrible. He made the moves and should have paid. The Rays have some great young talent but eventually they must get paid. Who brought in Alvarez, Castilla, Canseco, G Williams, McGriff, Juan Guzman, etc... Who traded away Bobby Abreau for Kevin Stocker? Lamar just doesnt get it.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

Vince pockets a 29 to 30 million profit off the Rays, Stu would at least spend another 20 to 25 million that would go a long way-a good starting pitcher and  power hitter in the lineup.  Two areas that need to be addressed.  Please Vince just go, you are punishing bay area baseball fans with a skewed policy of the fans need to support the product first before spending anymore money, however, if the product is crap you won't get anyone to buy out.  Vince is bad for Tampa and baseball.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

Lamar changed the strategy of the team every year for the first what 6 years. Was going to build with youth, then go to veterans, then go to the hit show, then go to...Blah Blah Blah. The Rays spent money but the guys he signed and traded for were horrible. He made the moves and should have paid. The Rays have some great young talent but eventually they must get paid. Who brought in Alvarez, Castilla, Canseco, G Williams, McGriff, Juan Guzman, etc... Who traded away Bobby Abreau for Kevin Stocker? Lamar just doesnt get it.

Who do you think was telling him to "go veterens, then go hit show, then go...".  Canseco hit 31 HR before the all star break his first year, then injured himself.  There is nothing wrong with McGriff, I don't know how that was a bad move.  Guzman and Alvarez were both proven when they were brought in.  Maybe Lamar should invent a time machine to see who will get injured in the future.  Castilla was a bum who quit on the team.  And in case you've forgotten, the Rays were not the only team going after members of the "hit show".  And as I recall, Gerald Williams was one of the best players on the team when he was here.  Which doesn't say a lot.  But what do you expect when the owner refuses to pay out anymore money.  And I wonder, did that lack of money and resources apply to the scouting department too.  Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with a yes on that one.  If only Lamar had consulted with Madam Cleo the Rays would have won 3 world series by now.  Every GM makes bad moves (I'll give you the stocker for abreau even though they did need a shortstop in '98 ), Lamar just can't cover his tracks by bringing in someone else if something goes wrong.

Who do you think was telling him to "go veterens, then go hit show, then go...".  Canseco hit 31 HR before the all star break his first year, then injured himself.  There is nothing wrong with McGriff, I don't know how that was a bad move.  Guzman and Alvarez were both proven when they were brought in.  Maybe Lamar should invent a time machine to see who will get injured in the future.  Castilla was a bum who quit on the team.  And in case you've forgotten, the Rays were not the only team going after members of the "hit show".  And as I recall, Gerald Williams was one of the best players on the team when he was here.  Which doesn't say a lot.  But what do you expect when the owner refuses to pay out anymore money.  And I wonder, did that lack of money and resources apply to the scouting department too.  Hmmm, I'm going to have to go with a yes on that one.  If only Lamar had consulted with Madam Cleo the Rays would have won 3 world series by now.  Every GM makes bad moves (I'll give you the stocker for abreau even though they did need a shortstop in '98 ), Lamar just can't cover his tracks by bringing in someone else if something goes wrong.

You have got to be kidding me on Alvarez and Guzman.  Juan was done when they brought him in. Everyone knew it, Isiah thomas wouldnt even had made that move. The team was spending money on the hit show. Canseco could hit homers but do nothing else and was getting hurt all the time. Alvarez was out of shape and everyone but Rays knew it. I think Williams is still on the payroll and was a decent player but was good for what a year? Mcgriff was decent but over the hill and was not going to help this team build. Lamar does not get it and is a laughingstock in MLB. Nobody has a crystal ball but then again no team has come in last every year of their existence but once when they came in 2nd to last.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Lamar does not get it and is a laughingstock in MLB.

Link?

He's admittedly made some bad moves with older veterans but show me a GM that hasn't. It's just magnified here because of the financial situation. The farm system is considered one of the best in the majors, isn't it? Lamar's responsible for that ....

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Lamar also brought in Kazmir and Eddie Perez ...  ;)

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

No, actually the Yanks are the laughingstock of MLB right now (7-11 and currently in last place) ;D

Yes Lamar has made plenty of mistakes in the past, mostly in the draft in my opinion and early (Wilder, Seay, M White, etc...), but has done a tremendous job over the past few years in drafts and trades.  The Rays have more young talent than anyteam in the majors.  Lamar is responsible for all of that.  

As far as the constant comments on the Rays losing their young talent, please point out one, just one, highly regarded player the Rays have lost because they couldnt sign him.  The arguement is even more ridiculous considering the Rays already have Huff and Crawford signed for a few more years as well as the fact that the Rays will have a new managing owner in no less than 1.5 years.