• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got my World Series Tix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I am from the far south east of NH, which is probably closer than most of western Mass to Boston.  40 Minutes from Downtown.  I lived 1 minute off of I-95 and US Rte 1.

Red Sox is a religion in those parts as it is in most of new england.  

Patriots as well.  I'd say even the Bruins are followed more than the Celts in that area though.  I come from a family where all my uncles played hockey.  I played street hockey for a couple teams, but skate as well as happy gilmore, so ice hockey was only a spectator sport for me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464
  • Days Won:  0

I am from the far south east of NH, which is probably closer than most of western Mass to Boston.  40 Minutes from Downtown.  I lived 1 minute off of I-95 and US Rte 1.

Red Sox is a religion in those parts as it is in most of new england.  

Patriots as well.  I'd say even the Bruins are followed more than the Celts in that area though.  I come from a family where all my uncles played hockey.  I played street hockey for a couple teams, but skate as well as happy gilmore, so ice hockey was only a spectator sport for me.

I played hockey from squirts through high school and agree that Bruins are/were second favorite team in new england behind the sox. Pats have passed them at this point. Bruins have the worst owner in sports. Of course he is a new yorker so what should we expect.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

do you guys miss the passion for sports in the North East?

I missed it in FL and appreciate it here in Chicago.

while i dislike teams from Boston & Philly I appreciate the passion in those cities. FL does not have this....I don't consider redneck bandwagon Lightning and Bucs fans to be on this level.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  553

are you guys actually from boston or some far out suburb?

I am from Braintree, a suburb about 10 minutes south of Boston.

And yeah, sports are a religion up north.  It sucks down here.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

do you guys miss the passion for sports in the North East?

I missed it in FL and appreciate it here in Chicago.

while i dislike teams from Boston & Philly I appreciate the passion in those cities. FL does not have this....I don't consider redneck bandwagon Lightning and Bucs fans to be on this level.

It was so awesome being in Boston and around that type of atmosphere. I took a couple of red sox items to my grandmother and brothers grave and there were numerous other people there doing the same thing and lots if other stuff already there. I agree that Florida fans are not real fans though they obviously have some real fans the majority are on and off the bandwagon before the thing can change gears. The lightning couldnt even sell out playoffs games this year when they won it all. The Bucs fans were everywhere and now you hear nothing. I love the Red sox at Rays games as it is like a home game for the sox.

Agree with all... down here it is football, and football only, for the most part.  Its tough being a transplanted sox fan.  You feel the passion in all the areas up north about every sport... even high school hockey gets a good following.

1108_large.jpg

Except the 86 years will be how long it takes the yankees to win again...

only 82 left to go... 2086!  Just repeat after me..."Maybe next year yankee fans, maybe next year!"