• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Those driving up the back way tomorrow:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

We had a blast on the drive up today.  Came up using the directions that were posted on here yesterday.  Stopped at the Florida/Georgia and Georgia/Alabama borders to take some pictures.  Might want to take note of several bullet holes in the 'Welcome to Beautiful Alabama' sign...or you might not ;-).  If you're not in any hurry, we stopped in Montgomery and checked out the 'Confederate White House' (home to Confederate President Jefferson Davis during the Civil War) as well as their capitol building (the capitol building looks like our current White House, but the actual confederate white house is a small house across 'washington' street...took us awhile before we realized the mistake).  Both were very interesting.  Plenty of local roadside bbq stands and local mom and pop restaurants to grab some food at.  We stopped for lunch at 'Larry's BBQ' right before the Georgia/Alabama border.  Incredible chooped pork.

With our many stops it took us 11 hours leaving from Crystal River....could easily be done in 8 1/2 to 9.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

And if anybody's coming over from Atlanta on I-20, watch your speed. Saw at least 15 people pulled over in a two-hour span.

Man, I love chooped pork.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

I would recommend that everyone take the back way.  Besides a small few towns we held 70-75mph along w/ the rest of the traffic.  Roads are great, no construction, and beautiful scenery.  The cotton field and cotton all over the side of the road was interesting...looked like snow at some points.  Also, only saw a few cops, all in the small towns, none in the rural areas.  There was a huge speed trap set up west bound on I-10 about 30 miles outside of Tallahassee (right after 19 hit I-10).