Nothing but truth from the Times- How UCF left USF in the dust

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Matrix does one helluva job trolling at times .....

Lol that I do. Just trying to keep the board active during one of the fastest offseason’s in USF history. I do believe July 1st is the deadline given to PAC12 schools to request a move to big 12. Something tells me they won’t be leaving the PAC12 for the craziness of what they call big 12. I don’t think the Eastern islands of WVU & UCiF excite them very much…

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,270
  • Days Won:  10

Didn't read the article because we know and understand how the last 10 years went down. We cant change the past, but we can study what went wrong, and we can learn from our mistakes. If we do things right in the next 10 years things might play out differently. Building the OCS is a good start. Lets be the tortoise, and not the hare from Aesop's fables.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

Winning solves most D1  athletic program issues. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Lets be the tortoise, and not the hare from Aesop's fables.

Actually we are the hare right now but we just have to hope the race isn't over yet for us .....

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What did they lie about?.  Article was pretty much spot on.  Maybe the dig at the end of the article wasn't necessary, but otherwise, I saw nothing wrong with the article.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

I didn’t read it, but did someone say they lied?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Lol that I do. Just trying to keep the board active during one of the fastest offseason’s in USF history. I do believe July 1st is the deadline given to PAC12 schools to request a move to big 12. Something tells me they won’t be leaving the PAC12 for the craziness of what they call big 12. I don’t think the Eastern islands of WVU & UCiF excite them very much…

July 1 is deadline for mwc to jump to another conference without paying double in exit fees.  There’s no deadline for pac teams because as of now there’s no deal/buyout/contract/conference as of June 2024.  That all changes in their new deal of course but until it’s done it doesn’t exist.  

Also not sure if your acc comments are trolling or whatever but by the time the acc does add schools it’ll just be the American/big east 2.0.  They are going to get picked apart by the sec and big 10.  The leftovers collectively are worth less than the new pac right now which is probably not going to be able to hold off the big 12 either so that means the middling schools in the acc will probably jump ship too.  There’s legit going to be 3 maybe 4 schools left in the acc by the time they come calling for us.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

That needs a little clarification, I think ...

While Football has never won a conference championship, plenty of other sports have. But in the last year or two… How many?

Arguably, the pace of winning conference championships has fallen off. And if you believe the rising tide floats all boats, having an overall winning culture in the classroom, on the practice fields/courts/pitch, and in the stadia/arenas matters. There simply hasn’t been enough winning.

It’s one thing to hate losing and say you want to win, but what price are you willing to enjoy to actually do what it takes to win? That’s the froth at the mouth, war daddy mentality that has to make a comeback. Then the winning follows - and it needs to start in the Olympic Sports, pushing the revenue sports to go harder and win.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,001
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Brad said:

I didn’t read it, but did someone say they lied?

No. Absolutely not. The article is 100% truthful, and cites - not just op/ed - from persons actually associated with the programs; their assessment on divergence. It's a great catch-up if, unlike us, you've haven't been glued to USF football over the past decade or so. And if you think about it, given our relentless grousing over the trillions of alumni in the area who don't show up on game day, this makes for a good read. Just check in to take the pulse and go back to Noles & Gators. The article is a use of your discretionary time. You (board members) will not learn anything you didn't already know. No big reveal, no secret recipe. Think of it as an archival document. Doesn't change anything but it is a good history of why we're here and they're there. Now, if you're "uncomfortable with the history, makes you feel bad", well... :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

No. Absolutely not. The article is 100% truthful, and cites - not just op/ed - from persons actually associated with the programs; their assessment on divergence. It's a great catch-up if, unlike us, you've haven't been glued to USF football over the past decade or so. And if you think about it, given our relentless grousing over the trillions of alumni in the area who don't show up on game day, this makes for a good read. Just check in to take the pulse and go back to Noles & Gators. The article is a use of your discretionary time. You (board members) will not learn anything you didn't already know. No big reveal, no secret recipe. Think of it as an archival document. Doesn't change anything but it is a good history of why we're here and they're there. Now, if you're "uncomfortable with the history, makes you feel bad", well... :FIREdevil:

doesn’t upset me at all, as I said, didn’t read it because I’m well awared of why we are were we are. Now if they are really interested in reporting and being balanced, how about writing a second article where they interview everyone from BOT to coach and ask them how are they going to be changing all those bad decisions and moves going forward.

Now that’s the type of reporting that most USF fans would be interested to read.

• Upvote 3