• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Notre Dame Coach Kelly on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

ON SATURDAY’S UPCOMING MATCHUP AGAINST SOUTH FLORIDA

“Now we get ready for South Florida and obviously Jeff Scott has a great resume from the time he has had as a coach. Now he gets to run his program, so he’s certainly going to have a group of young men that are excited about this opportunity to play us at Notre Dame. Some familiar faces, obviously Charlie Weis Jr. coming back to Notre Dame. He’s a young, bright star in this future, who has done great things in a very short period of time as a coordinator. When you look at the offensive structure, we’re going to be pulling from a number of different looks from an offensive standpoint. We’re going to have to look at FAU and what they’ve done. A guy that I respect a lot, Glenn Spencer, the defensive coordinator, who has been in this business a long time and bene very, very successful. He’ll have a great scheme. Defensively, they will play very hard. They’ve always played hard for Glenn. He’ll have his group ready. Well-coached, got some great athletes on that side of the ball and they’ll surely be up for the challenge here at Notre Dame. We’ve got to work on the things that’ll make us a great football team and get us ready for South Florida.”

ON HIS EARLY IMPRESSIONS OF SOUTH FLORIDA 

"There's a number of things. The structure on defense is hard to pick up because they're playing a triple option team, so you really have to just evaluate your personnel. They've got some really good linebackers that run. I think that's certainly one of their strengths. Big and physical on the offensive line. Obviously they had some guys out against Citadel. We expect that those guys are going to be back and if they are, they're going to be one of the bigger offensive lines that will face this year. The quarterback position right now, extremely athletic and productive. I think they had 400 yards, I think 300 in terms of rushing yards. Preparing for an offense that looks a little like Virginia Tech, in some instances, where you're really looking at how to contain a very explosive quarterback, running back combination. That's what you kind of pick up. Then you go to FAU and you try to look at what are some of the schemes that they may be influenced by and then you try to look at some of the defense, which was more of a 3-3-5, which you can see a little bit more of than you did against the triple option of Citadel.”

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330
  • Days Won:  0

Glad they schedule the game, but this one is gonna hurt. Hopefully not as bad as Wisc.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's gunna try to embarrass us as revenge for making him look like angry Grimace the last time we played 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,860
  • Days Won:  12

I want to see us play hard, minimize mistakes, adjust when necessary. ND is a top 10 team and I don't know that we are, so my expectations are level here. Hope it just fuels the team for a good run for the conference. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I hope we win. I don't think we will but, I hope we will. 🤘

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Glad they schedule the game, but this one is gonna hurt. Hopefully not as bad as Wisc.

Wisconsin was last year a better team and would beat ND most likely.
That said ND is a very solid team so I hate losing but I am realistic to date we have not shown our passing game is much better than last years mess but if we did vs ND then we have a chance to make things interesting late in the game.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

Against my better judgement, I'm getting a little hype. Like... 2005 pre-season hype. Not thinking we're gonna run the table or anything, but that this team might just surprise some people. Someone throw some cold water on me.

1 minute ago, horny_gimli said:

Against my better judgement, I'm getting a little hype. Like... 2005 pre-season hype. Not thinking we're gonna run the table or anything, but that this team might just surprise some people. Someone throw some cold water on me.

200.gif

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

I'm excited for the team to get a chance to play a top 10 team.  My expectations are very low, and all I hope for is a physical game on defense and up-tempo speed on offense.