• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame Coach Kelly on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This is our citadel versus the big boy game. Now we take our team and go after a team ranked higher than us and in another power tier. I hope we come out swinging and don't let up. I am not sure we will win, but if play UnitedFromSTartToFinish with fire and intensity we have a small opportunity to know them down.  I personally think ND gets exposed this year and finishes barely above .500 playing ACC teams all season.  They looked awful, but they had limited practices. This seems like the magic year we all dream about where anyone can beat anyone. So many programs have had limited practices and canceled practices. You add on missing players from games and practices, and it really comes down to will and execution. ND has been hit hard from what I have gathered by covid 19.  I expect our Boys to fight from start to finish under CJS. IF we lose and play hard whistle to whistle CJS earns my respect. If we get down big and stop swinging then we may have a problem. This is a huge stage for USF and CJS knows this. I hope he, CWJ,  and GS have the boys ready to strike first and don't let up. Lets Go Bulls!

All excellent points Outlaw. At the same time, I’ll take a loss to ND for a win against ucf. I just want us to get better each game so we can be in that position to beat those bastards in Nov. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This is our citadel versus the big boy game. Now we take our team and go after a team ranked higher than us and in another power tier. I hope we come out swinging and don't let up. I am not sure we will win, but if play UnitedFromSTartToFinish with fire and intensity we have a small opportunity to know them down.  I personally think ND gets exposed this year and finishes barely above .500 playing ACC teams all season.  They looked awful, but they had limited practices. This seems like the magic year we all dream about where anyone can beat anyone. So many programs have had limited practices and canceled practices. You add on missing players from games and practices, and it really comes down to will and execution. ND has been hit hard from what I have gathered by covid 19.  I expect our Boys to fight from start to finish under CJS. IF we lose and play hard whistle to whistle CJS earns my respect. If we get down big and stop swinging then we may have a problem. This is a huge stage for USF and CJS knows this. I hope he, CWJ,  and GS have the boys ready to strike first and don't let up. Lets Go Bulls!

This makes zero sense. ND hasn’t been hit hard by Covid at all? The players missing are from injuries.

And ND’s schedule got easier this year by joining the ACC. It was a top 10 ranked schedule (out of 130), now its barely top 20 (out of 77).  ND is 15-1 vs the ACC in the last 16 ACC scheduled games.  ND lost three ranked teams and gained only one after the schedule switch. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, AF1618 said:

This makes zero sense. ND hasn’t been hit hard by Covid at all? The players missing are from injuries.

And ND’s schedule got easier this year by joining the ACC. It was a top 10 ranked schedule (out of 130), now its barely top 20 (out of 77).  ND is 15-1 vs the ACC in the last 16 ACC scheduled games.  ND lost three ranked teams and gained only one after the schedule switch. 

Your industrial strength green and gold goggles must not have arrived in your BullsPen welcome kit

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

After Clemson and Notre Dame it's a huge dropoff in the ACC...likely will be ND and Clemson in ACC championship game. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

We already know what BK's game plan is. He's gonna crowd the box and force McCloud / Johnson to win with their arms. He has the talent for a balanced attack and we don't which is why Espin gives us a 7% chance of victory. Scott said he can "let loose" Saturday. We'll see how loose he calls the game when it's 4th and 1 around mid field or 4th and 6 inside the 15. If he goes for it and fails no one will fault him unless they expect him to win. Taggart was notorious for saying he'd play loose then call a conservative game, I think Scott is different and BK will anticipate it. We know what BK does cause he out coached Leavitt all those times. Our game plan should be get BK hoping purple faced mad then run a few hundred jet sweeps punctuated by a few dangerous 3rd down throws into heavy traffic. brilliant.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, AF1618 said:

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Your industrial strength green and gold goggles must not have arrived in your BullsPen welcome kit

Just to clarify, if that poster wore goggles, they'd be blue and gold .....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Did he really disagree with you that his team would win or are you pulling our leg? I am so happy we don’t have to look at that dried up turd on the sideline this year, in many ways we have already won.

Really disagreed no leg pulling. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I would really love to see some packages with Johnson lined up at WR or RB and McCloud at QB. Really put the ND defense on its heels and have them guessing. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Days Won:  3

I'm getting CJL vibes from this team.

We're gonna upset ND, get all hyped, and then lose a couple of "should win" conference games down the stretch.

Watch.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I'm getting CJL vibes from this team.

We're gonna upset ND, get all hyped, and then lose a couple of "should win" conference games down the stretch.

Watch.

I'm ok with this timeline. Feels like home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1