• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame Coach Kelly on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, horny_gimli said:

Against my better judgement, I'm getting a little hype. Like... 2005 pre-season hype. Not thinking we're gonna run the table or anything, but that this team might just surprise some people. Someone throw some cold water on me.

Yeah I catch myself having to pump the brakes we beat Citadel and while the defense did a good job our offense only scored 20 points.

If we had torched them 50-6 yeah maybe id think we have a very good chance for an upset but right now chances are I think low.

That said I do think we finally have some solid coaches on this team which we haven't in many years.  I haven't seen a USF team that disciplined maybe forever.  One pre snap penalty for a team with 3 OL starters out and first game of the season...that is a first. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

It's safe to assume the last game vs Notre Dame marked the end of an era in USF football. In the 5 years before that game we had beat Clemson, FSU, #5 WVU, #13 Kansas, Auburn, #7 WVU.

Since then what is our best win? #21 Temple in 2015 that finished 10-4 and unranked? #22 Navy in 2016 that finished 9-5 and unranked? A 6 win P5 team in a bowl game?

If I didn't know any better it would appear Notre Dame had Touchdown Jesus curse us in spite after we beat them. My prediction is they beat us in a game a little too close for their comfort (24-14), but it is enough in the end for them to break that curse. And we will go on to have success unseen at USF moving forward. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I am praying that we can hang and it is not a Wisconsin.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Exactly... and not a beat down that results in injuries and low morale

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I already feel more confident since Strong and his staff is no longer associated with this program...guy had no clue what he was doing.

Not saying we are going to win but I think we put up a much better fight than that game.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I see a score something like 42-17. 
Our offensive will struggle. No idea how the defense will do, but I think they will be on the field a lot. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

48 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I already feel more confident since Strong and his staff is no longer associated with this program...guy had no clue what he was doing.

Not saying we are going to win but I think we put up a much better fight than that game.

When I said to him "we are going to win " at his radio show he shook his bald head no. Loser.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

36 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

When I said to him "we are going to win " at his radio show he shook his bald head no. Loser.

Did he really disagree with you that his team would win or are you pulling our leg? I am so happy we don’t have to look at that dried up turd on the sideline this year, in many ways we have already won.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

It will be hard to find anyone to disagree with you on that. CCS was emotionless and the team was lifeless.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah I catch myself having to pump the brakes we beat Citadel and while the defense did a good job our offense only scored 20 points.

If we had torched them 50-6 yeah maybe id think we have a very good chance for an upset but right now chances are I think low.

That said I do think we finally have some solid coaches on this team which we haven't in many years.  I haven't seen a USF team that disciplined maybe forever.  One pre snap penalty for a team with 3 OL starters out and first game of the season...that is a first. 

This is our citadel versus the big boy game. Now we take our team and go after a team ranked higher than us and in another power tier. I hope we come out swinging and don't let up. I am not sure we will win, but if play UnitedFromSTartToFinish with fire and intensity we have a small opportunity to know them down.  I personally think ND gets exposed this year and finishes barely above .500 playing ACC teams all season.  They looked awful, but they had limited practices. This seems like the magic year we all dream about where anyone can beat anyone. So many programs have had limited practices and canceled practices. You add on missing players from games and practices, and it really comes down to will and execution. ND has been hit hard from what I have gathered by covid 19.  I expect our Boys to fight from start to finish under CJS. IF we lose and play hard whistle to whistle CJS earns my respect. If we get down big and stop swinging then we may have a problem. This is a huge stage for USF and CJS knows this. I hope he, CWJ,  and GS have the boys ready to strike first and don't let up. Lets Go Bulls!

• Upvote 2