• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offense will be fast up tempo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Play fast, score faster? Too soon?

Waaayyyy tooooo sooon 😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

i just wanna see a kicker that can put the ball past the 15 yard line on a consistent basis so the opponents are not starting on the 40 most of the game.  WRs that actually catch more than 50% of the balls thrown to them and a defense that will blitz and not give their QB 8 to 10 seconds on 3rd and long.

Do that and we have a chance.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

So that means we should expect the defense to be on the field 35-40 minutes a game after all of the quick 3 and outs. I can live with a disasterous 2020 season - its CCS's legacy - but CJS needs to use the next 300+ days to find himself a quarterback that help us stay in the tough games that are on our future schedule 

Your basing your first statement on what exactly?

Isnt it fair to analyze the first game before determining "the quick 3 and outs" are automatic?

Let it play out bro!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

i just wanna see a kicker that can put the ball past the 15 yard line on a consistent basis so the opponents are not starting on the 40 most of the game.  WRs that actually catch more than 50% of the balls thrown to them and a defense that will blitz and not give their QB 8 to 10 seconds on 3rd and long.

Past the 15 yard line? My how expectations have fallen, used to be we just wanted a kicker who could get it in the end zone. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

41 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Past the 15 yard line? My how expectations have fallen, used to be we just wanted a kicker who could get it in the end zone. 

We havent had a kicker that could put it past the 15 on a consistent basis in 4 years. One step at a time. 

Another thing I will add to the list is how about at least a couple of complete games with no special teams disasters. I think there was at least one special teams screw up in just about every game of the Strong era. Blocked kicks, punts, missed kicks, long Kickoffs or punts against us. There were quite a few. 

If I recall correctly, werent there a string of ST disasters in the first several games of Strong being here. And it went down hill from there. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Your basing your first statement on what exactly?

Isnt it fair to analyze the first game before determining "the quick 3 and outs" are automatic?

Let it play out bro!

I think hes basing it on how inefficient last year's offense was. Typically if your offense sucks, you're not trying to do a hurry up offense. You drag out the play clock so that you score on your gimmicky plays and let your defense get wins. That's how I'd assume USF wins this year. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

This...those have been our biggest weakness and would go along way to making this team better