• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offense will be fast up tempo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I mean the guy can toss the ball check the SC State game he had a long 45 + yard TD pass....his arm didn't just magically get weak for some unknown reason later in the season.

Now can he survive a whole season could be an issue we will have to see even with 15+ lbs if that helped his durability.  The guy took a pounding actually all season so Id say he seemed pretty tough even last year.

Don’t throw facts at the uneducated, they can’t handle it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,241
  • Days Won:  25

If we score fast I am fine with it, if we run a bunch of 3 and out we will lose.  I liked what I saw of FAU's offense and Clemson's offense. If we are blending what works for both and building it to  match our team speed, we have a chance. We need to run an uptempo spread to be successful in my opinion. I will not judge the offense until the halfway point. It is a new system, less practices, and we play a big boy pretty soon in ND. I will root for the upset and USF everygame! 

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Whoever the quarterbackis, I think all bulls will want them to succeeds. If you watch tape Fortin clearly has the best arm. He put up solid numbers against p5 schools. Johnson has good numbers in the swac and is more of an x factor/ run package guy. McCloud is not as good so far at throwing or running as the other two qbs. I hope McCloud shines if he is our guy, but to get a power5 qb here and sit will not look.good for future transfers . I want the qb to be the guy that puts us in the best chance to win.

Word is Fortin was widely inaccurate on his passes (also had a few pics in one of the scrimmages). But this is something that can be worked on. I am looking forward to watching him on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

If we score fast I am fine with it, if we run a bunch of 3 and out we will lose.  I liked what I saw of FAU's offense and Clemson's offense. If we are blending what works for both and building it to  match our team speed, we have a chance. We need to run an uptempo spread to be successful in my opinion. I will not judge the offense until the halfway point. It is a new system, less practices, and we play a big boy pretty soon in ND. I will root for the upset and USF everygame! 

That’s is always the concern with the fast pace offense...if it sputters it’s trouble for the D. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Word is Fortin was widely inaccurate on his passes (also had a few pics in one of the scrimmages). But this is something that can be worked on. I am looking forward to watching him on Saturday. 

It sounds like you are describing JM to me from last year.  May the best man win, and I am rooting for whoever is at center every play to succeed and win games. If we run 3 QB's every game and win, I will not complain.  

Just now, Outlaw said:

It sounds like you are describing JM to me from last year.  May the best man win, and I am rooting for whoever is at center every play to succeed and win games. If we run 3 QB's every game and win, I will not complain.  

I am 💯 with you on that. Just give me the wins baby! 🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

If we run 3 QB's every game and win, I will not complain.  

We wouldn’t win doing that

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

We wouldn’t win doing that

Clearly.... usually if you have 3 qbs you have none.

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t throw facts at the uneducated, they can’t handle it. 

None of us are excited if he is the best we got, didn’t we have 11 yards passing in a half in a game we were getting smoked?   Bry said it best (kills me to say that) “ he has the intangibles but lacks the tangibles”.  New year, he was hurt, coaching sucked blah blah blah, I still can’t unsee what I saw.  

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Clearly.... usually if you have 3 qbs you have none.

But I get your point, we just want to win and don’t care if we start Matt Floyd as long as he can bring us to the promise land.