• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF offense will be fast up tempo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

14 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

Play fast, score faster? Too soon?

the league no GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,006
  • Days Won:  38

Fascinating!  So we are doomed?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

54 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

He was a bottom 10% QB last year in FBS, so even if he shows significant improvements he will still be a below average QB, but just not as bad. The physical tools just aren't there to play the position at this level so any improvement - regardless of coaching staff - is only going to be so much.

Id like to see him compared to just the freshman qb or how many true freshman qb were playing likely very few.

Unfortunately McCloud was pushed into action earlier than he should have been otherwise this should be his first start.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

He was a bottom 10% QB last year in FBS, so even if he shows significant improvements he will still be a below average QB, but just not as bad. The physical tools just aren't there to play the position at this level so any improvement - regardless of coaching staff - is only going to be so much.

I have the same concerns but willing to give him a couple games in this new system.  He was hurt. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I have the same concerns but willing to give him a couple games in this new system.  He was hurt. 

I mean the guy can toss the ball check the SC State game he had a long 45 + yard TD pass....his arm didn't just magically get weak for some unknown reason later in the season.

Now can he survive a whole season could be an issue we will have to see even with 15+ lbs if that helped his durability.  The guy took a pounding actually all season so Id say he seemed pretty tough even last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The physical tools just aren't there to play the position

Seriously, you need to drop a dime on CJS. Apparently he's been duped ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

You guys crack me up - if your eyesight failed you last year and you couldn't see that he couldn't protect himself on a football field and when he was on the field he was terrible, you could just look at the data and see he was a bottom 10% QB last year. Even if he improves this year, he is still going to be below average.

You crack me up. Those are statistics, not "physical tools". We know he didn't have good overall stats last year. The only measurable physical tools we have are that he's 6' 1" 193 ..... Johnson is 6' 198. Apparently he doesn't have the "physical tools" either so maybe mention him to CJS during your call, too.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,234
  • Days Won:  25

Whoever the quarterbackis, I think all bulls will want them to succeeds. If you watch tape Fortin clearly has the best arm. He put up solid numbers against p5 schools. Johnson has good numbers in the swac and is more of an x factor/ run package guy. McCloud is not as good so far at throwing or running as the other two qbs. I hope McCloud shines if he is our guy, but to get a power5 qb here and sit will not look.good for future transfers . I want the qb to be the guy that puts us in the best chance to win.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Seriously, you need to drop a dime on CJS. Apparently he's been duped ....

I going to say the same thing...well Bry, I think coach Scott needs to be made aware of this immediately!!  He obviously has no idea what he is walking into...